Italjet Parts Wanted

ktm96duke

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D man i'm trying ! no one seems to answer the call though. lots of people read the ads-but no responses. i do have a couple guys in italy looking-i'll have to trade either rickman stuff or KTM vintage stuff if they find anything. thought i had a real lead in austrailia-but it's all gone! there's got to be some somewhere in the U.S. -hopefully it didn't get chucked in some dumpster 15 years ago. but thanks for replying to my call! and remember- I WILL PAY STUPID MONEY FOR THIS STUFF! <_<

<_< WHAAAMMMMO! I'VE GOTTEN SOME INCREDIBLE EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS ABOUT THE STUFF I'M AFTER-TRACKED DOWN 2 EX-FACTORY BIKES (NIETHER OF THEM FOR SALE :lol: ) BUT HAVE SPOKEN WITH AN EX TRIALS CHAMP AND ISDT RIDER WHO HAD "SOME OF THAT STUFF LAYING AROUND".ALSO GOT SOME LEADS ON WHERE ALL OF THE U.S. PARTS ENDED UP. BE A FREAK-RIDE GREEN!!!!!!!!! :D Edited by KTM96DUKE

That's great.

One part you should grab is the ( short ) kickstater shaft. They are made of "unobtainium"

The shafts have always been a weakness-a combination of poorly tuned ( and hard to start ) motors and poor starting techniques. The right footpeg must be folded up before the kickstarter is swung because if the lever hits the peg the shaft says goodbye.

There was a chap in Perth, Western australia who had some supplies of parts-I will see if I can locate him

:wacko: yeah-that green monster is the heap i'm trying to save! not even close to being as good as the pics.the stuff in australia is gone-i tried! i've repaired the kick starter i got with the bike-and figured out the footpeg trick. luckily the shaft is perfect-i've semi gone through tune up/spec checks-bike is a one kicker now-i'm being VERY careful on the kicker-still super easy compared to my KTM 495. i'm all over anything that hits the 'bay. found another bike (junk) in canada -getting it shipped in pieces-trying to buy jay's bike as well. ;)

There is an 18 year old trials rider from Idaho staying with us for the summer. He is an avid (soon to be intermediate) class trials rider and has a taste for sorry old machines. He has been enamored with the Italjet and subsequently has spent the last few days working on it and has got it running. He has glued shut the huge holes in the gas tank since we have had no luck finding a replacement. Lo and behold it runs very well. He has grafted a Hodaka Road Toad front fender onto it which looks like it was MADE FOR THE BIKE And fabricated an alloy seat base for it and rode it quite a bit since this tuesday. These old green bikes are surprisingly good at trialing and he seems enamored with the thing. He asked me if I want to sell it to him and I told him sure, for $500.00 bucks it's his. He didn't seem too thrilled at the price, so I guess it's still up in the air what will be the future of this geen machine. He goes to college in Arizona this august and I suspect he will move on to bigger and better things. I have yet to ride it, but he says it's great. I have been too busy riding the Garelli to care much about it so far. I had a chance to ride the Garelli in the twinshock class at a local trial and had half the winning intermediate's (modern bike) score. I have been zapping a pretty good size'd rock on it and it has so much power it makes me grin alot! I am loving the Garelli very much! well, bye bye JL

:blink: STILL TRYING! C'MON GUYS! SO I'M A FOOL FOR TAKING ON THIS PROJECT.WHY NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT?! I'LL EVEN START DRINKING YOUNGER SCOTCH TO SPEND STOOOOOPID MONEY FOR ITALJET STUFF! YOU KNOW THAT MEANS I'M HARD UP! I'M DETERMINED TO RIDE THESE THINGS! :wall: