No Starty ?

cabby

good news the Sherco is going, I have had a ride on some home made sections.

I thought it was the fuel, wasn't.i got it wrong. all I can tell you is what I did to get it to go.

I received the puller today from Sherco perth and took off the flywheel then removed the stator, old one.

everything was filthy and I didn't know what did what , trigger???

so I cleaned everything with carby cleaner and sanded the ends of the stator to get the rust off used wet and dry 400

then I sanded the inside of the fly wheel. when I had done this I noticed the ends of the stator had been dragging on the

inside of the fly wheel.

I reassembled and kicked over the bike and she started first go, so I went for a ride for half an hour.

the problem now is I can hear scraping noises coming from the stator and flywheel so I will have to go back in.

I just want to thank everyone who gave me advice, in the end I am riding again and we found out what was wrong. thankyou asimo

• Like 1

Great to hear it is running. Sounds like it was probably a bad ground problem.

Now that everything is nice and clean and shiny it may be difficult to find what is scraping. Here is a tip. Paint everything with a dark color felt tip marker. Assemble and run it for a short time. Disassemble and look for the shiny spot where the ink is scraped off. There is your interference.

After you get it all fixed up, use some silicone sealant during assembly to keep out water and such to prevent future corrosion.

Ride on!

Buy a 06 or later cover, they don't warp like the earlier type with the sprocket cover & stay sealed better. I bought 1 for my Jarvis as soon as I laid eyes on them when they came out

I don't know why there is a line underneath this...

the scrapping noise was coming from the plastic flywheel cover

my main concern is the main bearings as there is up and down movement

and the tips of the stator is scratching the insede of the fly wheel.

I will try to measure it tomorrow.

cheers asimo