Montesa Honda/ Honda

p@ul250

If I understand this post from Fujinami's face book page, the Repsol Montesa trials team will be becoming the Repsol Honda trials team. Has there been anything from the team yet?

トライアル世界選手権(WCT)には、これまで「レプソル・モンテッサ・ホンダ」として参戦活動を継続してきましたが、今シーズンから「レプソル・ホンダ・チーム(Repsol Honda Team)」としてワークス体制で臨みます。マシンは、4ストロークエンジン搭載の「COTA 4RT」を投入。ライダーは、7年連続チャンピオンのトニー・ボウと、唯一の日本人ライダーである藤波貴久の2名体制で参戦します。これによりWCTにおける盤石な体制を築き、チャンピオンの獲得を目指します。

Trial World Championship in (WCT), so far has continued to war activities as "Repsol Montesa Honda", but deal with them in Works system "Repsol Honda team (Repsol Honda Team)" as from this season. Machine, the introduction of four-stroke engine equipped with a "COTA 4RT". Riders will compete in the two systems and Tony Bow of 7 years in a row champion, Takahisa Fujinami of the Japanese rider only. To build a rock-solid regime in WCT This will aim to acquire a champion.
Edited by p@ul250

From Hondas web site,

[ Trial ]

FIM Trial World Championship Series

Honda competed in the FIM Trial World Championship Series (WCT) through the end of last season by fielding the Repsol Montesa Honda team from Montesa Honda S.A., Honda’s local affiliate in Spain. Starting this season, the Repsol Honda Team will now compete as the Honda factory team, consisting of Toni Bou, the reigning for the seventh year running, and Takahisa Fujinami who placed fifth last season. Competing on the COTA 4RT equipped with 4-stroke engines, the members of the Honda team have their eyes on an eighth straight riders’ championship and ninth straight manufacturers’ championship.

Team Number Rider Age Nationality 2013 Result

Repsol Honda Team 1 Toni Bou 27 Spain WCT Champion

5 Takahisa Fujinami 34 Japan WCT 5th

• Like 1

My Vote would be it's all about marketing ....Honda has to sell more bikes to justify the money it takes to be the world champ ... And they get to write it off in the advertising budget , And the move to sell them again thru honda dealers in the states ... It's all about brand recognition !

( I think !)

Glenn

And we all know , "you meet the nicest people on a Honda " And Bou , Fuji , and the rest of the crew I met in Tennessee kinda personifies that ad campaign ...:)

• Like 1

I've just been looking at the Barcelona X-Trial photos. It looks like Bou now has a flat tank on his bike, whilst Fuji has a standard looking one.

He had that at the last iwtc, think it looks better with the standard tank, but I would imagine riding with the standard tank was for marketing purposes for the new bike only.

Edited by jj65

I've just been looking at the Barcelona X-Trial photos. It looks like Bou now has a flat tank on his bike, whilst Fuji has a standard looking one.

Fuji is known as FUJIGAS!!! as he attacks things FULL GAS! so naturally he would need a larger tank to carry all that fuel he needs.

• Like 1