Map Switch Not Switching

slicktop

Have a new to me 13 evo 300. Finally mustered the nerve to switch to Map2 setting and found that pressing the button does nothing. It will press down but will not click into the down (#2) position. Is there a process that I'm not aware of?post-19115-0-99921600-1391951053_thumb.jpg

Sweet Bike!

It may be that some dirt has got down inside the switch mechanism, but more likely that the push switch locking mechanism is stuck. Push the yellow mapping switch button up and down a couple of times to make sure it is free. Then when fully up (position 1 - softer power) gently pull it up and waggle a little with your fingers, you may feel/hear a click. Then push down and it may hold in the bottom position - position 2- quicker response.

Obviously, only change the mapping when the engine is stopped.

This should do it!

As above - but as it looks like you are in cold conditions that might also effect the operation.

It may be that some dirt has got down inside the switch mechanism, but more likely that the push switch locking mechanism is stuck. Push the yellow mapping switch button up and down a couple of times to make sure it is free. Then when fully up (position 1 - softer power) gently pull it up and waggle a little with your fingers, you may feel/hear a click. Then push down and it may hold in the bottom position - position 2- quicker response.

Obviously, only change the mapping when the engine is stopped.

This should do it!

Yep, that did it.

It's pretty cold here with ice on the snow so I cant really ride it yet. Shipping was delayed and its been North Pole since, but at least I can finger it.

I'll run tuner cleaner and dialectric when its a bit warmer. Thanks

I've been able to slide around on the ice about 400yds. Kinda like riding a wet noodle.

Power delivery on map 1 was not too crazy, at least not right off idle. The throttle seems very smooth and controllable. I only dabbed about four times on the ice so I can see the potential for when the ground thaws out.

LOL, Placebo switch

I flick mine around on the Evo sometimes but I can't feel much going on either

Can they put Gyro on the bike so in turn on Balance control?

Or like those auto parallel parking cars we can get a Zap or Splat switch

If I remember correctly when these mapping switches started appearing on trials bike we could not feel any

difference. We hooked up a timing light (to a Beta)and played with the switch.

It was a long time ago but I think nothing happened with the timing changing until approximately 4000 RPM or high in the mid-range.

Cheers

BillyT

Edited by billyt

• 3 years later...