Headlight Suitable For 300

motopelli

My 300 is in the middle of restoration and I've sourced almost all parts needed except...

The bike is street licensed so I'd like for it to appear as somewhat street legal. I'm looking for a new headlight and so far haven't had much luck. I'd prefer something a little more modern looking (early '90's perhaps) and it will need to be able to acommodate 6 volt lights. A headlight from a 305 or similar would work pretty well. I've got a 307 light which is my fall-back option but it will require a little bit of fiddling to fit it cleanly. Anyone have an option of a good aftermarket unit available or a source for a reasonably priced OEM?

Thanks

Wayne

post-19483-0-61226200-1391966470_thumb.jpg

I just made a "Street Fighter !" :hyper: out of my son's Hyosung gt250r . I removed all the body work and OE headlamp assembly along with about 35lbs of sub frame/support structure , and installed a Acerobis (sp?) off road headlamp assembly and stuffed the factory instrument cluster inside it .. I haven't looked at their website but they make some smaller units that would work for you . The piece I used may be to large for the 300 ...But was a better quality item them I expected . Other than that I think Lewisports sells a headlamp assembly , look in their online catalog in the "plate" section if my memory serves ...

Good Hunting !

Glenn

PS ... Maybe look around for a Reflex headlight ??? They pop up on the bay all the time and would suit your needs just fine with a 6volt bulb swap !

Google acerobis headlights and it'll come up , I used the large twinlamp unit on the kids bike , but they make a bunch more .

Edited by axulsuv

Thanks for the tips. I'm holding out for something a little more demure than the Acerbis, Moose, UFO options but may wind up taking that option. I'll call Lewisport to see what they have. Almost everyone removes their trials headlights, funny that there aren't any on ebay...