Telford Show.

jon v8

I went for the first time and really enjoyed it. Plenty of nice old trials bikes to look over and size upplus plenty of stalls to look around. I didn't see many 'bargains' but got a pair of new Gaerne trials boots and loads of workshop bits and bobs. Being able to see a wide selection of the trials shops, products and new /old bikes is invaluable to an enthusiast i think and was an enjoyable few hours spent there. Recommended.

• Like 3

I went on Saturday, good day out and well worth going, the pre 65 Scottish display was very good indeed. Have to agree with andy m, there certainly was a plethora of over priced evo mx bikes/kit. The Bultaco display had me spending any future lottery winnings!

post-9209-0-71712400-1393319946_thumb.jpg

post-9209-0-55065900-1393319998_thumb.jpg

post-9209-0-94331800-1393320028_thumb.jpg

post-9209-0-24426200-1393320067_thumb.jpg

post-9209-0-10343400-1393320103_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Telford was an excellent show, well worth the effort with more than you could properly see in one day.

As said the Pre 65 Scottish stand with all the winning bikes on display was really good, but equally interesting was the RetroTrials (GasGas249UK) stand with rare Spanish bikes plus some Beta's & lots of trials clothing worn by the top riders. There were new Beta, GasGas, OSSA & lots of classic bikes, British, European & Japanese.

Also on display was a well restored Cheetah with disc front brake, this was the first ever trials bike with a disc brake made in the late 60's.

Thanks also to Sammy Miller for firing up the 4 cylinder Jawa GP bike, we could nearly see it through the smoke and hopefully my ears will stop ringing in a few weeks time but it was worth it.

Edited by trialsrfun
  • Like 2

Having the display the size i did at Telford nearly did me in. Never again ...... :)

I took loads of photos (200 odd) of everything from Piston garden ornaments , mug collections , Alfer and Merlin factory riders and of course loads of loads of bike photos and all sorts .

Hopefully its made an interesting report about it all from the show , to the Saturday night dinner and the trials stars we met on the way.

Its all on my hobby website

http://www.retrotrials.com/-2014-telford-classic-motorcycle-show-report.html

• Like 5