Telford Show.

jon v8

Never say never GG. I was amazed at the number and variety of bikes as well as the other items you had on display, your stand was certainly a major highlight of the show.

It was also a pleasure meeting you and discussing the Mecatecno & Merlin bikes, thank you.

• Like 1

Also on display was a well restored Cheetah with disc front brake, this was the first ever trials bike with a disc brake made in the late 60's.

Thanks also to Sammy Miller for firing up the 4 cylinder Jawa GP bike, we could nearly see it through the smoke and hopefully my ears will stop ringing in a few weeks time but it was worth it.

Have to agree, the Jawa GP bike was an all to rare treat, when Sammy fired it up I said to my wife " that's the sound you hear when angels make music" I'm not sure she understood.

post-9209-0-85249300-1393348411_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Having the display the size i did at Telford nearly did me in. Never again ...... :)

I took loads of photos (200 odd) of everything from Piston garden ornaments , mug collections , Alfer and Merlin factory riders and of course loads of loads of bike photos and all sorts .

Hopefully its made an interesting report about it all from the show , to the Saturday night dinner and the trials stars we met on the way.

Its all on my hobby website

http://www.retrotrials.com/-2014-telford-classic-motorcycle-show-report.html

Great read

Edited by johnnyboxer
  • Like 1

Telford 2014 was brilliant. The weekend there really worth the trip from Spain. One day it is just not enough to see all and meet all the people there. For 2015 I will arrive Friday and depart Monday.

Specially good stands Pre65 Scottish (good whisky...) and NTTC.

National Twinshock Trials Championship stand, a good idea for a "low cost" twinshock snd monoshock champ. I´ll be there for some of the trials.

Two very special bikes for me, Neil Gaunt´s winner Royal Enfield, that was mine for one year as I wanted to do the pre65 in a big bike, and what one better than this bike. Unfortunately reallity told me it is too big and heavy for me when I started to practice with it in Segovia´s rivers... sadly had to sold it.

Mick Andrews winner James that I had the pleasure to use in the 2006 Scottish pre65 thanks to Mick Andrews, the best trials rider ever.

• Like 3

Did anyone else notice the three cylinder two stroke engine that Simon Bateman, Nametab Engineering is building. Imagine a parallel twin with an extra cylinder sticking out horizontally in front, each cylinder is one of the Greeves square barrels that he replicates with I believe a Royal Enfield gearbox fitted.

Hi Guy's

The frame was built for Bonkey Bowers, or was a copy of that frame.

Wrighty, was getting some replica frames built by Faber at the time.

But I have never seen one.

This bike used the Triumph/BSA four stud forks that came from a 1971 bike (although they were designed in the early sixties for the GP scrambles BSA)

This bike won the Scottish trial, Then but are barred now??? Why.

Bonkey used Bultaco forks on the bike at one time painted black has a disguise.

A true "Britshock"!!!

Regards Charlie. www.bsaotter.com

Did anyone get a photo of the Bantam trials bike which was shown on Saturday? It had a large diameter frame top tube with the engine suspended from it attached by the cylinder head.

There was just so much of interest, it is only now a few days later that you remember some of the things on display.

Edited by trialsrfun

The top tube Bantam? This is the one I assume you mean.

post-332-0-69931500-1393594289_thumb.jpg

Almost as futuristic as the Suzuki engined McLaren!

post-332-0-30636100-1393594843_thumb.jpg

But the line up Pre65 Scottish winners was one of main the highlights for me.

Sammy Miller's GOV132 in front. The C15 of 'The unknown' Brian Cottrell followed by the later winners.

post-332-0-64177400-1393595456_thumb.jpg

Scott Dommett's Cotton, Neil Gaunt's Enfield, Mick Andrew's James and the repainted Neil Gaunt Ariel.

post-332-0-13792900-1393596092_thumb.jpg

More if you want them!

• Like 1