How Quiet Is The New Montesa 260?

luct4

Hello

i had a Beta evo 4T 300 - year 2011 which is now from my brother. I was wondering if
some one could tell my if the new montesa 260 sounds not so loud like the old 4rt.
The Beta 4T sounds like a sewing-machine and that's nice for the neighbours.

Maybe the new Montesa is quiet as well.

Greathings

Luc

post-10548-0-03192600-1393413865_thumb.jpg

I like the sound as well as he is.
If you want to have it more quietly, an additional silencer cap from KTP would be the solution:

http://trialparts-shop.de/produkt/zusatz-schalldaempfer-honda4rt/

The cap is delivered with 2 connection flaps, 2 fixing bolts, drilling template, assembly instructions and rivet nuts. The engine power should not be affected.

Edited by rollox
  • Like 2

Hello guys,

Thanks for the answers. I never saw de additional silencer cap from KTP. Does dis thing
make a great diffecence in power delivery? For use at home in the garden power is not
the bigg thing....a quit bike is nessecary for my.

Greathings

Luc

Looks identical to the Jitsie DB killer i have on my '07 4RT. But with a new mounting bracket.

Search db killer in this forum and on the web for more info. I swear by mine. Don't notice any power drop off but do notice the quieter footprint. If it means i can ride more then im all for it.

• Like 1

Looks identical to the Jitsie DB killer i have on my '07 4RT. But with a new mounting bracket.

Search db killer in this forum and on the web for more info. I swear by mine. Don't notice any power drop off but do notice the quieter footprint. If it means i can ride more then im all for it.

+1

Contrary to what is stated in the link from post #3 there's nothing 'high tech' on the DB killer.
Because I lost the nut that keeps the mesh in place, I made one myself from aluminium mesh that I got from a DIY shop.
A lot cheaper than the £ 60 (or about €50 I paid for mine) they ask for the Jitsie db killer:

http://www.apico.co.uk/decibel-killer-montesa-red-07-09.html

Edited by guys

In 2005 I had my first 4 RT and it was much to loud for me. So I had the idea to make it more quiet, KTP (a friend of me) contructed and produces it, Jitsie also sold it.

It can't be wrong, the new RCV1000R has a similar exhaust.... :)

German Munster

post-1992-0-40683600-1393756695_thumb.jpg

post-1992-0-11350700-1393756711_thumb.jpg

In 2005 I had my first 4 RT and it was much to loud for me. So I had the idea to make it more quiet, KTP (a friend of me) contructed and produces it, Jitsie also sold it.

It can't be wrong, the new RCV1000R has a similar exhaust.... :)

German Munster

The RCV has the mess purely to stop the kitty litter going into the exhaust when Ped and Marky boy bin it, there not that bothered about the volume of the screaming V4 (there not silenced).