Sidi Zero Boots

robdyson

The Sidi boot uppers are not leather, they are a synthetic called Tecnomicro. The only leather on a Sidi is the suede section on the inner calf protection area, so I'm not sure if the saddle grease is the right thing for synthetic leather found on the Sidi's.

From searching around at Dr Google it looks like most synthetic leathers use a specific treatment formulated for that material.

Edited by arnoux
  • Like 1

The Sidi boot uppers are not leather, they are a synthetic called Tecnomicro. The only leather on a Sidi is the suede section on the inner calf protection area, so I'm not sure if the saddle grease is the right thing for synthetic leather found on the Sidi's.

From searching around at Dr Google it looks like most synthetic leathers use a specific treatment formulated for that material.

Hi Arnoux,

you are right with the mix of Leather and synthetic on the Sidi's,but it works,the main place where the grease has to work is the sewing and that is all leather.

• 1 month later...

Silicon spray for the outer of the boot. That's what my sidi care booklet leads me to believe and any quality leather treatment for the inner goretex (dubbin ?)

My boots are still new and unused, so I've not tried the above, just what I've read.

• 7 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

How do they compare to Alpinestars for water resistance

Well,

never had Alpinestars,for the last 40 years only Sidi,on and ooffroad.So may somebody else knows the difference.Good thing with Sidi boots is,you can get every spare part for them licke buckles,sole's etc.I have enduro Sidi's from 1979 and they are still in good shape.