Another New Forum For Another New Brand

Andy

As per front page story here

Barcelona is set to become home to yet another new brand of Trials bike with Jordi Tarres announcing he is to be part of the all-new TRS brand.

TRS Motorcycles, whose main activity will consist of the design, manufacture and global marketing under the trade name of TRS Trial bike, has developed a business plan which provides in a first phase a three-year view with a projected a turnover of 6,000,000 EURO with a staff comprising of fifteen people, and in the planned second phase which takes the brand up to six years, a range of new models of motorcycles within the off-road sector.

TRS is born from the initiative and the momentum of its four partners, Jordi Tarrés, former seven times world Trial Champion, and better known more recently as the man behind the now established Jotagas brand, Ricardo Novel, a Bercelona entrepreneur whose current involvement with seven companies revolves around logistics, spare parts and other processes of industry in relation to the automotive world. Also involved in the project is Marc Arañó, an individual with solid experience in the two-wheel sector with history at such companies such as Derbi (Piaggio Group), Gas Gas motorcycles and Jotagas. The final member of the management team is Josep Borrell, a Barcelona businessman who manages several investment funds and whose passion for motorbikes led him to invest personally in the past years in companies such as Gas Gas and JTG.

TRS was formed in 2013 and has planned to start production of its first model in 3 displacements (250, 280 and 300 cc) in late 2014 and the development of new displacements during 2015.

TRS will have their production facilities in the province of Barcelona, from where they will also manage departments of I + D + I, while a sporting level foresees progressive participation that will be linked to the consolidation of the business.

Jordi Tarrés: “Our goal is to have a good bike and our priority is to ensure a good service; We have consolidated a good team that I trust fully and with which I feel very much at home. We have assembled everything you need to make TRS a benchmark and a company in which the market can place trust and confidence both short, as medium and long term.”

A new brand? Again?

O well... Like I say to couples who are thinking of having children: Why would you want to do that? Everybody's already here...

I've got the impression that Trial is on the up. Our club has a record number of members and there seem to be more people at practice too.

Let's hope TRS makes some nice bikes...

Somebody like Hope would be the best bet for a UK Trials Bike. They could easily create a frame so would need to go to somebody like Al Melling to design an engine. The motivation just is not there in the UK though. The FIM have done it no favours either as coming in with an innovation as Sherco, Ossa and Jotagas have done is getting difficult. I have to give credit to Greeves for trying. However as they got so much gref from the usual "british" attitude I cannot blame them for not continuing.

• Like 1

so apologies if i missed this but there seem to be a significant number of significant jotagas personnel in this group. and as i suspect gb is the second largest market for trials bikes i ask myself how many NEW beta gasgas sherco scorpa ossa etc have i seen in use this year?

as for hope building bikes.. those lads are business men.. why sell a motorbike for £6k when they can push out top end gear for £6kpush bikes 24/7 365 days a year..

Some may find it hard to believe, but there are still people around who do things, not only because it makes a lot of money or only makes sense in a business way, but out of passion for the sport or the love of fabricating stuff.

Why else would we be riding these silly little motorbikes with no seat?

• Like 2