Maico

zozon

Hi guys,

what do You think about Maico motorcycles?

I wanted a Maico MC 490 1981 or younger but it is almost imposible to find ... so I am waiting for Maico international to release a new MC 500

post-19702-0-65703500-1394842466_thumb.jpg

Edited by zozon

Had one of the last air cooled monos. Loved and hated it. Left hand kick start is made of high grade steel for a reason. When it started it always seemed to foul a plug just as the nice lady turned the 5 second start board in MX. In enduro the engine hunted when on part throttle. Theyre only good when accelerating and the raw power is something i havent experienced since. When it ran i got sfome of my best results. Thats the bit i loved.

I recommend a 400 over any other Maico,I had a 71 Square barrel that was FASTER than my 99 380 KTM,and super smooth no vibration steady pull from bottom to top.I never had a chance to sample a 490 but had several 450's over the years,no match for the 400,450's vibrate and power was one hard strong pull of power that shut off to early.Selling my 400 was a regrettable mistake!

I had an 82 490 non RV and it was a very good bike. I also had an 86 490 and it was rubbish - unreliable and fell to pieces, no surprise factory went bust shortly after.

I had both bikes from new.

A lot of my friends also ad Maicos and the last of the twin shocks and early monoshocks were definitely the best.

I envy You :) Both look perfect :thumbup:

I believe that You know these people:

These videos were made by other people I shared these videos but I am not the author!

The first video is a guy from Scotland "Raymond Thompson" he is a Maico fanatic.

The first video is a guy from Scotland "Raymond Thompson" he is a Maico fanatic.

There is a myth that Maico's are hard to start,hence the nickname Maygo's,Raymond made that video to prove them wrong hence the reason why he keeps touching the exhausts to prove the bikes are cold.