Ossa Tr280I Fi How It Works

alecmorris

• 1 month later...

I got a reply from BTwice that the dealer does give you the software with the cables, interest level is now back up, just need to find out the price, hopefully not too silly

How did you go, did you end up getting one?

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 years later...

I'm having some difficulties with my 2012 Ossa 280i and would appreciate being able to 'look inside' with the K-Scan that is mentioned in my Workshop Manual. 

Does anyone know if K-Scan is still available? Does is it work?

Adrian at Lewisport suggested sending in my ECU. This is my only option at this point.

I would rather be riding. Please help.

Phildirt

Adrian at Lewisport has told me the the earlier versions of ECU need to be re-flashed by a company in Spain in order to be able to upload the newer software version (2012 falls into this catagory).  He now has a few of those re-flashed ECU's so the newest maps can be loaded into them, it may be a matter of sending the old one to get a re-flashed one (core exchange).  As to the B-twice cables he has/had a few but refuses to sell them due to issues, said that 2 out of 5 caused the connected computer to crash so didn't want to be responsible for problems that came about due to their use.  Not sure what he personally uses to link up but he did my 2012 about 1 1/2 months ago with no issues, just a quick TPS check/set and everything was all better.

I'm in Michigan USA. The ambient temperature has cooled and it's really running quite well now (except for the lack of bottom end which I'm used to). That may indicate my air temp sensor is not quite right. 

Adrian suggested I send in for the re-flash. I think since it's ridable now, I'll wait and do that when there's snow on the ground. 

If it was affordable and reliable though, I sure would like to be able to 'self diagnose' as I can all my autos.

Phildirt

On adjusting the idle, I heard both "you can" and "you can't".

I called up Adrian and he said you can adjust it w/o the SW or changing the TPS.  Maybe only minor adjustment?  Don't know.

I did mine today and seemed to work fine. I am bringing it to the mountains and am hopeful that it will run good!

---

To adjust it, you use a 7mm wrench to loosen the nut on the throttle anchor stop (right side).  With the nut loose, you use needle nose pliers to move out the  threaded bolt to adjust the "stop" in/out...so that the throttle really just doesn't close.  Very mechanical ;-)

Does anyone know if any riders at SactoPits have the SW and cable?  I am wondering if I went to an event I could get a quick check and then compete in an event ;-)    LS can be difficult to get to as they are Mon-Thu I think

Adrian is organizing the next trial at Bear Valley.  Contact him and ask him to bring the PC to reset your bike.  He did mine at the last trial. 5 minutes tops.