Leonelli Lanyard Killswitch Not Cutting Out?

jackthelad98

Hi again, I have recently bought a Leonelli lanyard killswitch as i was told it is the best, and it was working great witout any problems for about three trials and four practises, but now it will not cut out when it is detached from its magnet. I can start and run the bike without even having the lanyard conected. Can anyone shine some light on to why this is happening please? Thanks

Also its a 2010 beta evo if thats any help

Yes, I and I know of several others who have had the same problem, don't mess with it, just return it to the place you bought it and ask for a replacement. (You can open them up and stretch the spring a bit, as the internals get stuck, causing the engine to continue running), but this shouldn't be necessary, it should work properly every time, it is after all, an emergency engine stop. Once Leonelli start getting more back, they might do something about it. I might add, the old design ones seemed to have a stronger magnet and spring, whereas the new version seem very easy to pull off.

• Like 1

I would suggest that you first check your connections.

These lanyards work in the same way as the old kill switches. I.E. by shorting out the low tension side if the ignition. If you don't have good clean connections they just don't work.

I would suggest that you first check your connections.

These lanyards work in the same way as the old kill switches. I.E. by shorting out the low tension side if the ignition. If you don't have good clean connections they just don't work.

That's what was suggested to me, I have had 3 bikes with these kill switches, never had a problem until the last one, wired them up the same way every time, so 3 out of 4 worked perfectly. I videoed the one with the problem, to prove my point. If you bang the handle bars once you've pulled the switch and when the problem happens, the engine will shut off.