Who Rode Fantic Circa 1990 N. America World Rounds

motopelli

Several years back I bought a well used 307. The seller purported that it had been used in the world rounds in the U.S. He pointed out the scrutineers markings on the frame and engine. I bought it pretty cheap so there was no "premium" for any type of history.

Does anyone know who the Fantic 307 rider #22 might have been, in the U.S. (or Canada?) round circa 1990? Or any suggestions as to how to find out.

Thanks

Wayne

post-19483-0-29071300-1395773992_thumb.jpg

That would probably of been the Globe, AZ in 1990. You are in CA, ask Kip Webb, he was riding one that weekend!

Damn ; You've been around ! and your memory still functions ! , Mine won't d-frag anymore .... Cultural overload ?

Do you know if the rider was from North America or European? I rode the World Round in 90 in Ioco BC Canada. Amos and Donato Miglio were riding Factory Fantics that were absolutely rocketships!! Reported to be the most powerful bike there from everyone riding. Camozzi was also riding a Fantic as well I believe Jean Luc Nictou. Mike Guns from Canada was in Globe as well riding a Fantic.

Steve

Thanks again. The info from trialsonline.org shows four Fantic riders for the US event:

Michael Gunns

Amos Bilbao

Donato Miglio

Bruno Camozzi

Rider numbers are not shown, only finishing positions. But at least the list of suspects has been narrowed down. Anybody have info, pics, anything to narrow it to one? The next question is, does it really matter? If I restore the bike, should I preserve the markings? or photograph to document and then remove and paint? just remove and paint? or don't bother fixing up a worn out 307?