Techno 98-99 Cdi Box

stevem099

Hi all.. Im currently rebuilding an older 94-95 techno but long story short I've fitted a 98-99 engine and electrics. Currently I'm struggling to find a place to mount the later, much larger cdi unit. I was just wondering if anyone knew where it was fitted to the original bike? Many thanks steve

If I remember correctly they were stuffed up in between the frame rails behind the gas tank on the Techno. I think there was a separate regulator that was bolted under the headstock but that was for the fan. I loved my '95 once I put a Mikuni on it. The '99 I tried had an even better engine so it sounds like a great bike once you get it sorted.

Ah thank you, I had a look this morning and I can see where you mean.. That's pretty tight isn't it lol.. Then again I've noticed most things are on this bike :) I'm really looking forward to riding it :) what where the benefit of the mikuni over standard del carb?

Cheers Steve

When the '95 came out it was one of the first delortos with the two piece jet assembly. Jets were impossible to get and true to Beta practices they jetted the bottom very rich. Great for break-in but not so good for riding as the bike was sluggish off the bottom and suddenly hit once you got off the pilot circuit. It made timing obstacles "interesting". I dropped a Mikuni in, tuned it up and the bike ran like a champ. If you can get jets for the delorto now it's probably a good carb but the factory Beta's in '95 all had Mikunis. I know because my friend had one and it was a beast. That was an amazing engine.

Ah brilliant info there thanks for that! Mine still has the dell carb so will have to see how she runs onces she's finished. Managed to fit the box and all the wiring now so in the final stages. And the will defiantly look into another kick start. That standard ones rather short lol

Cheers steve

Heh heh that should be '95 kickstarter. After so many Betas I lose track. One other good thing for the '95 is a fork brace. Not sure where you'd find one now but it stiffened up the USD forks and made the bike track a little better. I did like the USD forks though.