Hi All Just Brought An Aprilia Climber But Need Parts

ogredave

Not to sure mate brought it of a fella last week for £150 as he said gear box has gone but carnt see any out side damage and don't want to strip as it's my first trials bike and not sure what's what I depress the clutch and try the gear select but nothing hi movement what so ever any ideals on what this could be many thanks again to all of you for ur help

There was a fella that used to advertise in the back of Trials and Motorcross News, as The Rotax Man, but I can't remember or find his phone number.

Anyone else have it, because he could get anything for a Rotax engine.....and that is what the Aprillia is.

Anyone else help with the number.

Edited by jonboy883

Not to sure mate brought it of a fella last week for £150 as he said gear box has gone but carnt see any out side damage and don't want to strip as it's my first trials bike and not sure what's what I depress the clutch and try the gear select but nothing hi movement what so ever any ideals on what this could be many thanks again to all of you for ur help

I can,t find my parts book at the moment. Two things to look out for. The second sump bolt is the detent for the shift drum which could be missing or messed with. Also since the shift shaft runs through the starter shaft they would bind up from rust and corrosion.

Peter Knight has retired, unfortunately, he was fantastic.

Gearboxes as said are very reliable generally. Only seen one post ever on here with a problem, and he was a plonker.

So as much info as possible and we will try and help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...

Hello people, I have just registered to this site as I have also just purchased an old Aprilia 280 climber 1991 I think. I have a question. I have good spark and a clean carb with good compression but will not fire or even fart. I have taken out the rotary valve to find it has no marks for timing. I have looked on youtube for rotax rotary valve timing and only managed to find the Rotax twin cylinder engine set up. It states 147 degrees from the leading edge of the inlet port. Fine, that is a good starting point. My rotary valve has a shaped edge and a straight edge. Which edge would be leading, i.e. to open the port? Also is the port supposed to be egg shaped, or has someone tried to flow the port? Regards.