2014 Cma National Trials Championships

Its now been finalized, that the 2014 CMA National Trials Championships will be held in Victoria BC Sept 27-28 at the private club grounds of the Victoria Motorycycle club. The VMC is one of the oldest clubs in Canada with records dating back to 1912. The clubs property has 162 acres of some of the most pristine trials riding in North America!

Much more info will be available shortly, including Pre-entry. VMC is proud to hold these Nationals, sanctioned by the CMA which is the only National sanctioning body recognized by the FIM. It has been almost 20yrs now since the club held its first National in this same location, back in 1985.

Stay tuned for more info!

• 2 months later...

Pre- entry forms and information for out of town riders will be available shortly for the 2014 Canadian National Trials championships which is sanctioned by the CMA. This is THE only National Championship in Canada that is recognized by the FIM. The CMA TAC committee is hard at work building a solid foundation to ensure that this event, and future National Championships are special, and memorable in everyway, regardless of location.

At this time, it is the mandate of the committee to rotate the National Championships from Eastern Canada and Western Canada and be held over a single weekend to ensure participation.

Steve

We will be using the popular format that we have used before, on the Saturday only, Champ riders will compete on the regular loop and sections for their first two laps. Then, they will ride 5 sections in the parking lot in the "Championship shootout". These sections will be ridden twice by all the Champ riders in front of the throngs of spectators. These sections will count towards their overall score, but as well, be competing for a separate cash awards for the winners of the shootout!

For anyone who is interested, or would like to get more info about our club, its rich history, and our private property where the trial will be held, go to www.vmc.bc.ca and scan down the front page. There is a link to a tour of the property shot by one of our members!

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to date myself, but the last time I had the opportunity to ride on the VMC property, was my second year as an Expert in the CMA Nationals, on the last of the air cooled Montesa's!

I am looking forward to returning to the island on my 4RT this time and seeing if I can better those results, if only I could remember them.

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes our facebook page has been up and running for about a month now. This page has been designed as a direct link between riders and the Trials Advisory Committee - CMA.

This page is intended to get information to Canadian Trials riders as quickly as possible, whether it be 'National Pre-Entry Forms", notices for CMA Trials events across the country, pictures and videos from a variety of National Championships from around the world, FIM updates and even the odd bike for sale.

Unfortunately we can not link that page here, but it is easy to find and a great resource for Canadian Trials riders and for riders who are just generally interested in what we are doing in the great white north, with the sport of Trials.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

with only a couple weeks left now, setup is almost complete! Pre-entry has gone very well and I'm pleased with that! Next weekend will be spent finishing up the loop and last couple sections for Day2, and then setting up the shootout sections and pit areas in the parking lot!

Sure wish I had heard of this event sooner, it must have been the best kept secret CMA National event to date :|

Best luck with the event for those who are fortunate enough to attend :) and make sure you post lots of pictures.

We are now poised to be holding this years Canadian Trials Championshps with only 5 days to go now until the competition begins! Although after much discussion on these boards and others about how things are done, or should be done, I'm proud of the passionate riders in this country proving all the negative talk wrong! We have receieved over 30 pre- entries, and we are confident there at least 10 more riders who will just sign up on the day!

We have a confirmed entry of 5 Champ riders who will battle over the two days for the title of Canadian Champion on some of the best trials terrain in the country! We are priveleged to have all you riders here and hope you have a great experience!

I am hoping to get a chance over the two days to take some good pictures. The Champ shootout sections are particularly spectacular and will be so great for spectators!

only a few days left until the two day Championships this weekend! I will be spending all of Friday at the site doing last minute stuff and setting up the Champ shootout sections.

So far the list of riders looks impressive as we have some confirmed, from here on the island, the Bc mainland, Alberta, Sask, and Ont. making this years Championship a truly National event. Dispelling some of the myths previously posted on this site about trials in Canada.

We got some good rain this week which is great as riders will get the true test of riding on Vancouver Island, but its supposed to be sunny both Sat and Sun.

Sure hope every one enjoys the experience this weekend, and all the helpers who have made this happen can be proud of what we have done! Next will be piccies and results!

Just a note for people who may not be familiar with Canada as a Nation, it actually does go further East than Ontario...

Sorry Steve, I couldn't resist a little Eastern humor :rolleyes: .

All joking aside I hope you have an awesome event and am really looking forward to the results and pictures. I am also most interested in the format of the champ shoot out sections a little video of it would be awesome!

Edited by michael_t