Some Pics From My Last Ride

bigmark1972

Sweet! Just be careful with them bark busting bar ends, as there have been reports of some flipping the bike over a big log like that and snapping wrists with them!

I likr thin gloves, but I would easily use thicker work style mechanics gloves in the brush and such, and I do have elbow pads that cover most of forearm if needed, knee guards as well, as you do not really need the full effect of a fall on sharp granite!

So I've never ridden a trials bike with bark busters on it, but FWIW, every enduro rider (me included) in New England runs bark busters in the woods. I have yet to hear of any injury that wouldn't still have happened wether they were there or not. And if you're riding in tight woods at a pace, you're definitely better off with them.

If you are a trail rider, thrashing and crashing with barkbusters is fine. If you are a serious trials rider, they are in the way and cause points. Each person has a point of view, but points is the name of the game in trials.

Yeah I feel kinda bad about not being a purist with the bark busters

but the fact is that I do ride through the woods a good bit to get to

my natural training area and I was bashing my hands up pretty regularly.

I'm actually building a bunch of sections closer to the house on my parents

property and when that is done

I will likely pull them off.

Edited by bigmark1972

• 2 months later...

Well we finally got BigMark1972 out to ride with us this weekend. He will be just fine. Learning curve is there but its good to have a new rider to come out with us. With a few pointers he got some confidence and was trying some big stuff. Great times.

--Biff

• 4 weeks later...