Damaged Fork Seal Face

southwester

My disk side fork seal started leaking oil on my 07 rev 3 on the last ride and when I striped the fork apart as ryan youngs sherco guide and cleaned it up I can see that some ones previously got the seal out with a screw driver by the look of it and gouged the face where the seal seals against the inside of the fork, I have seen people speaking of liquid metal but haven't used it, would this be the most economical way of repairing this or is there a better way?

Also I had a collar on one of the forks only As in the 2nd picture that sat on top of the bush but removed it from fork and didn't notice the orientation of it, I do know what fork it came off of though!

On having a look at the Beta frame diagram it doesn't show this part on either part fork so can anybody confirm this it right and if so what way it up it go's.

post-18624-0-22077200-1398088313_thumb.jpg

post-18624-0-97009800-1398088713_thumb.jpg

Man .......what makes people work on their bike when they don't have a clue LOL, I have been doing this since about 1982 and I have never seen anyone dig a fork seal out with a screwdriver but that sure looks like what happened there

I would just use a very small amount of gasket sealant only on the area with the gouges, don't put it all the way round the seal, it's not likely to leak there anyway

The slider looks right to me, I don't think there is an upside down to them, you couldn't put it in any other way anyhow

Polish as much of the roughness off as you can with wire wool.

Look onto simply bearings website, then adhesives, then truloc superfit 211 bearing fit. Also fits seals to housings

I find blue Hylomar works OK as well

In England we call people who carry out a repair or installation of something and f**k it right up "Bodgers" or W*****s, I don't know if you use that term in the states!

Sorted I will order some of that gear up tonight

I also have a couple of little knicks the same tube that was leaking looks as though the bloke who butchered the fork seal out slipped with the hack saw and chopped into the fork leg!

I read JB weld or super glue can be used to fill area and then sand down after with a 150 grade sanding pad or a sharpening stone, anybody done this before or make any suggestions?