Classic Trial Sardent

metisse

I have been informed that the Sardent club along with other sponsers are organising a Classic pre 65 trial the weekend of 6 th and 7 th September. It is being headlined as a trial suited to the more original bikes with sections to suit, although everybody is welcome on the understanding the trial will have traditional sections favoring the less modified bikes.

As the pre 65 scene is relatively small this side of the channel, I have been asked to post this to see if it would be of interest to any British riders fancying a long weekend in France taking in the wine, sunshine and the countryside.

Sardent is around six hours south of Calais, alredy hosts a very popular classic multi day trial and the club are well geared up to make it a good event.

Feed back would be good so I can pass it on to those involved.

Is it a road based trial? What about eligibility constraints licence etc.

As you probably know there is the 2 day Arbecy trial on 24/25 August. It may be better to think about succesive weekends

Thanks

Edited by mattylad

Yes Joels trial is the week before and excellent, but mainly twinshock, and so whilst it may have some bearing, not the entry this trial is looking at. However and also its not too far across country so if you wanted you could take in both whilst over. Joel is pretty laid back vis a vis entries etc, I hope the trial at Sardent would be similar. I will pose the question and see if I can answer your points.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to the earlier posts, unfortunately the date remains fixed. I have also been asked to remind any riders thinking of coming it will remain a Pre 65 trial only, with the emphasis on the more original bikes, with a big push towards the Ridgid catergory. The sections will be very natural and it will include a nice off road inter section ride round. The aim is to put this trial on the Pre 65 European calander and huge care is being taken to make sure it will be as enjoyable as possible with the added advantage of input and experience from Mick Andrews. I believe a day licence will be avaliable for Non French affliated riders.

So , if you fancy an enjoyable weekend across the channel, riding a PRE 65 with sections to suit this may be for you.....

Further details will follow when I have recieved them.