Have I Bought A Pup ?

oldbiker

Hi oldbiker

A lot can happen to an off road bike in 30 years. Bits get swapped, upgraded and some times downgraded. If you

have a complete bike and numbers match your reg documents I don't see much of a problem. I am guessing that the 250 and 350 frames were the same anyway.

TLTEL

They were all the same I believe, if you can post photo's (I do not know how to) there are people on here who will be able to identify it for you.

Steve Sell Marlimar OSSA is the person to contact for spares and advice. I will pm you his details.

The frames for the 250 and 350 were the same for each model year, so the '75 250 and 350 frames are the same, meaning the performance and appearance of the bike are unaffected by the change.

Nothing to worry about unless you're bothered by originality - no point really on a 40 year old trials bike. Frame probably got damaged, someone replaced it.

Confused by what you say about documents verifying the age though. A V5? If V5 states 250cc and numbers match the bike, someone has swapped the 250 frame for a 350 frame and actually had the log book changed - a bit of a rare deed you could say...