Just Bought A Gas Gas Txt 200

thehighlander123

As above,

Apparently its a 2001 model and is 200cc. I haven't had a bike in about 10 years and thought its time to get back on one (28 now)

Runs very well and starts first kick, Engine is a wee bit noisy but my old Gas Gas was awell, was on it a good few hours last night and had no issues.

Fan occasionally came on when I started it but went off straight away.

A wee pic from the for sale advert

10299276_715841031794109_1646648717_n_zp

Anyways looking to service myself, I'm very handy on the tools but its cars I always deal with not bikes.

Any advice or guides and is there a way of checking the oil in the bike.

Start it up and stand it upright, if it's about 3/4 up the sight glass then it's about right. Given the bikes new to you, If I was you I'd drop the oil anyway, clean and oil the air filter and put some fresh oil in so you know where you're starting from.. then repeat regularly. No point scrimping on oil, fresher the better so just change regularly. Once you've done that I'd work your way round the bike and check / change all fluids etc so you know where you're up to... Most of all enjoy the bike and have some fun

• Like 1

Stupid question but where do I drop the oil from the engine, do I take the belly plate off?

The previous owner had it rebuilt by a "friend" around 1 month ago apparently but I took that with a pinch of salt.

Does the bike look like a 2000/2001 to you? The lad never knew to much about bikes.

Thanks

To drain the transmission fluid there's hole in the sump plate a allen bolt underneath the engine.Also looks like a 99 model no later, to check yourself

Edited by bilks
  • Like 1