Gas Gas Txt Pro 06' No Spark New Cdi Unit

renegade master

Hi all,

My mates txt pro 300 year 2006 wont start, we have checked it for spark and no spark, we suspected it to be the cdi unit,so off he went and bought one brand spanking new cdi unit !!!..........., we pluged it into the bike today but still no spark??? has anybody came accross this with there bikes before and if so could kindly shed some light on the subject!!!

Cheers Guys

Colin.

post-19212-0-58493700-1398873525_thumb.jpg

Yes, friend of mine got ripped off well over £300 for a new stator and flywheel just out of warranty. Never bought a gassers again.

The commonest fault on gassers seems to be the trigger coil, but source coils are also known to fail.

Can you remove the flywheel and post a photo of the stator and I will try to advise further. Have a look on trials parts USA wiring diagrams.( their website is having problems at the moment.)

Send the lot off to Bradford Ignitons. Stator, trigger coil etc. Steve will diagnose and cure the problem, he has just done mine. Approx week turnaround, will cost less than what he just paid for a CDI

Thanks guys,

Just before we take off the flywheel can I just ask something quick! When trying to test for spark by holding the plug off the side of the engine to see if it sparks,when we kick start the head light comes on for a split seconed, does this mean that theres power comming up from the flyweel??? and does that mean we do no need to test or take off the flywheel? or check the stator?

Your Ducati regulator/recitifier box handles power for the spark plug, fan and lights. I've had three of them fail on me, once no spark, twice no fan. Each time there was a brown burn spot on the epoxy on the back where a circuit burned out. If your headlight turns on I bet your stator is working.

• Like 1

Thanks for that, ............earlyer I had a look on youtube how to test the recitifer with a multimeter, and the test results I got when I tried this was that the readings were very unstable and were different all the time, its kinda leading me to believe thats it the recitifer now after reading your above comment setionone! Himmm the joys of owning a gas gas!

Cheers guys

Colin.

The trigger coil usually looks like a small black thing on the stator, or just outside the flywheel with a little but of metal sticking out. Its purpose is to sense the position of the flywheel to fire the spark at the correct time.

The source coil is on the stator, its the one with a lot of fine copper wire windings. It provides the power for the ignition.

The other coils on the stator have thicker wire windings and provide the power for the fan, lights and horn. They have nothing to do with the ignitin.

• Like 1