Sherco 125 Clutch Hub 2007

malcolm

cheers tony27. I really wanted to know how to remove the centre nut. I tried and was to heavy handed - ended up breaking one of the 6 stumps with the threaded holes for holding the pressure plate.

Can the clutch be used with just 5 springs instead of 6?

Wouldn't go with 5, maybe 4 or 3 as used by Copemech with ATF instead of oil, gives a lighter clutch but it won't bite as quickly if using normal oil

I replaced the hub in my Jarvis last year along with the basket & rubber dampers between the gear & basket, total cost was only about 100 quid. If you have access to a rattle gun I'd replace the hub, most bike shops would also do it for you

Uh, guess you could get by just removing the opposing spring on a 125, even with standard oil. I ran the wifys 125 that way without issue, long as you are not riding top lines.

Still needs proper fixing, and if you change the basket you are gonna need proper clutch holder to bring things to proper torque on that big nut!

Edited by copemech