Fan Stopped Working.

rainey88

Yes i know theres a fan thread right below but doesnt exactly help me.

Fans decided to not work at all while riding tonight just wondered whats the quickest way of resolving the problem as the bike over heated and spat abit of coolant out!

I take it the little black box on the fan unit is some sort of switch for the thermostat which is the enclosed unit in the top of the rad?

The bike is a 250 2012 pro, pretty much asking whats the first thing to check.

On my 2012 280 the thermostat switch in the top of the radiator was the cause for the fan to stop working and over heating of the engine

Edited by guys

On my 2012 280 the thermostat switch in the top of the radiator was the cause for the fan to stop working and over heating of the engine

Which translates to: Unplug the thermo switch on the rad and see if fan runs with the wires jumpered together! Also insure coolant is full!

Edited by copemech
  • Like 1

Since you are home, the first thing would be hook a 12 volt source to see if it runs. Out in the field you would by pass the thermostat to continue riding. Could be as simple as a bad ground or a poor connection.

Theres definitely coolant still there prob could do with a top up but will try the thermo switch tonight.

Can you get the switch out if this is the problem? Or is it a full rad job as it looks like its enclosed into the rad at the top.

Cheers guys.

This is what it looks like. The o-ring makes it a tight fit, which is why it's hard to get it out. Don't pull to hard on the leads.

gasSTATlatetype_1024x768.jpg

It's held in place by a circlips:

internalCirclips2.jpg

• Like 2

if it's a Trial you are doing, bypass the thermo switch with a piece of wire so the fan is on all the time. just shut the bike off if queuing so you don't over heat the fan.

TLTEL