Last 4T

neo

PM NZRalphy about the beta 4T, he had 1 for ages & it seemed to suit him well. He'll be able to answer any questions about them you may have, I don't recall hearing of any issues at all with them

Feckin things are Stealth! p****s me off, as I like turning money into noise! One thing the Mont could do well!

Errr.... "Stealth" ....This is code right Cope lol!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, but you flipped bikes every season. Keep one and ride it for 5 years or more and that could change. I almost got one, I love the power and feel of a real big bore 4T, but honestly I would need to de-tune it for my needs. The original "05 was easier to ride but the carb just did not work for the bike.

Neo, If you are not into the Mont, the Beta 250 is the pussycat you want! No noise, no stress, it will go if you twist it. First time I rode one it reminded me of my old 80's XR 200 Honda power. Reliability seems good by reports. The CV carb is the next best thing to the FI on the mont, and without some the downfalls. And in a light enough package to the average rider is not gonna matter. Can be upgraded to 300 if big power wanted.

Everything is a tradeoff.

That's not so much the case Cope. In 2010 I had Cody Webb's 2009 practice bike for a year. Lots of hard hours on it when I got it! Only thing I did to the motor was replace the water pump seals and the clutch plates.

Anyways for almost everybody I would recommend the Beta 4t. Its a much more finished and refined product than the Sherco ever was.