198A Paint Code

bondy

Hello guys ive took my 198A to be painted hes only doing it in 4 weeks so got time to think about what bluevi want it in. Any body know the RAL number for ford eletrice monza blue? I did tell him to do it in the 5015 code witch I had a 199A done some time ago what do you guys think I should do? Cheers bondy.

Keith thats code is for the 199B 5015 is sky blue not ford electric blue. I want the 198A blue witch is darker in colour ford electric blue is no longer sold now its called ford electric monza blue but can find the code. I could have it the 199B 5015 but not to sure yet the guy showed me the colour cards and a tin off blue he uses alot witch looked qite darker ive got 4 weeks to make my mined up. I would like it the corret colour if any body knows the code cheers bondy

Paulmac is right Bondy. In the early 80`s I saw 5 199 A`s lined up all with original paint on the sidecovers and frames and they were all different colours. I have seen a 199 A with different paint on each of the sidecovers. This is from standard. The Spanish didn`t use code until the mid to late 80`s even on their cars. I can remember having to spray some Spanish cars in the late 70`s and we had to get the paint codes from the paint manufacturer. The A colour usually matches the B colour and the Pursang blue as well. They did change over the years from batch to batch. Graham.

• Like 1

I absolutely love and adore Bultaco's

A lot of what makes them special to me is the fact that no two are exactly identical. Be it paint colour, a hole drilled slightly out, tool marks on a casting or a weld that looks like the welder just returned from a heavy liquid lunch.

It's the individualism of each and every bike that is fascinating in my opinion.

• Like 1

Hello paul/graham that made me laugh about the welder.i gess its done to your own choice then ill keep with the 5015 what my 198B and 199B are only forks and yokes tho on the Bs

I absolutely love and adore Bultaco's

A lot of what makes them special to me is the fact that no two are exactly identical. Be it paint colour, a hole drilled slightly out, tool marks on a casting or a weld that looks like the welder just returned from a heavy liquid lunch.

It's the individualism of each and every bike that is fascinating in my opinion.

I was saying a similar thing to someone at a recent trial... As they get older most of them become more individual. I recently met a guy that owned my bike in the early 80's and he was dead chuffed that all of the mods that he had done were still present.
  • Like 2