American Riders In World Trials?

rij

Well, Supercross is an American Original and the same same could happen in trials with the right idea. I like the thought of no stop hillclimbs.

If X-Games would support/host an indoor FIM X-Trial I believe that the sport would grow. Enduro cross made it into X-Games and they constantly talk about how many of the top riders are coming from the trials back ground.

--Biff

• Like 1

The tragedy is that the FIM doesn't believe that trials should be spectacular. Thierry doesn't like the way that trials was getting 'bigger and bigger'. He want's it to go back to being old men riding in streams, just like the good old days.

The only people who can afford to ride trials professionally in countries like Australia and the US are doing it by providing entertainment with riding displays at car shows etc. The only guys that make any money from Trials in Australia are 4 or 5 freestyle trials riders. The self indulgent non-stop rubbish the FIM is forcing upon the sport will effectively make the WTC irrelevant, because it is clearly not what people want to see, and clearly not what young riders want to emulate.

Rules aside, I'm quite certain Thierry Michaud and anyone involved with the FIM, does not have the intent for trials NOT to be spectacular! Nor do they want the sport to go back to "old men riding in streams". I do think they recognize, along with the manufacturers, that there are less people doing the sport, worldwide, and in the World Championships.

I would keep a eye on Andrew Putt he has the talent the desire and the backing that he will need.This kid can ride he will go places.Lets hope he stays with trials and not get off track with the other options .JR

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that JR - Andrew has no interest in any other disciplines at the moment. He's a Trials rider through and through, and has his heart and mind set on competing at the World level… In fact, we are on our way back over to Europe in August, and he will ride the European Youth Championship round in Belgium, followed by the FIM 125 Cup rounds in Spain.

• Like 5

Really enjoyed watching him ride in Penn and Tenn.I got to see a lot because my son rides the expert line also.I spoke with andrew about going back to europe for more rounds and look forward to his write ups about trip.

Hey Biff good to see you made it back home safe,good having you as a pitt neighber.

JR

Thanks for kind words guys… I guess for a kid, he isn't all bad! :hyper: We would love to do England this year, but he turns 16 on July 30, so Spain is the only round he can ride in WTC this year. Next year we are hoping to make the WTC rounds in Europe/UK that do not conflict with the US National schedule.

• Like 1

Well I'm gonna jump on the "fan wagon". I first saw Andrew last year when my son and I travelled to NY and VT for US Nationals. I got to watch him alot! Two things were evident to me right away. The amazing talent this kid has, and his determination to win! A great recipe for success! Not to mention the great support and guidance from an old friend of mine, Ryan Young! :D I look forward to following him!

• 2 months later...

Just a shout out to our American riders this weekend in Spain riding the WTC.Andrew Putt and Bryan Roper not sure of any others.Good luck and keep your head up and the bike moving forward.

Just got a message from my friend Fuji s minder he says team Honda are all set to go!

JR

• Like 2