Sherco Help No Fuel

asimo

I have a sherco 2004 200 cc 2 stroke

hi please help as I cannot get this bike to go

I just bought it and have ridden it twice the third time it start revving fast then stoped and hasn't gone since

I towed it today trying to clutch start it, no go.

I always pulled out the plug and it is always dry? why is that?

what makes the fuel go to the plug is it the carbie or the bottom end seals?

is there a fuel pump any where?

I have stripped the carby twice, cleaned the air filter , unhooked the kill switch. and new plug x 2

it has a spark

the fuel is not getting to the spark olug does anyone know why?

regard's

asimo

I have the same trouble only no fuel on the plug. what makes the fuel come to the plug?

I have cleaned the filter in the tank and the fuel leaver is in the right position. I have fuel in the carby but not getting to the plug I cant work out why the plug is always dry.

cheers asimo

I have cleaned the filter in the tank and the fuel leaver is in the right position. I have fuel in the carby but not getting to the plug I cant work out why the plug is always dry.

cheers asimo

if theres fuel in carb and all jets are clear there must be a problem with compression or crank case pressure ie crank seals ,unless exhaust is blocked

hi all, thanks for trying to help

I have fuel in the carby bowl and the floats are in the right way

I did a compression test and it was over 140psi

the fuel hose is not squashed

the fuel cock is open

I have not checked the exhaust pipe to see if is blocked but I will, never thought of it.

how would I check the crank case pressure

thanks again

I cant wait to ride it again

this started when I bought it a month ago from Perth

I got it home, rode it twice no problems then on the third ride it started and I put into gear and it revved out and stoped

then I kick start it again, put it into gear to ride off and it would rev out and stop.

this just kept on happening until it wouldn't start at all.

the spark is pretty weak.

the bike had not been used for 18 months before I got it.

any ideas would be helpful

cheers

asimo

ps I have change the plug 3 times, just cant figure it out

The symptom you describe "rev out and start" sounds exactly like a fuel supply problem. When 2 strokes get lean, they rev up quite high and then stop. Things that can cause this:

1) Plugged fuel tank vent.

2) Plugged or dirty fuel filter in tank

3) Plugged or dirty fuel tap in tank

4) Plugged or dirty in line fuel filter - if fitted

5) Plugged or dirty fuel inlet filter on carb

6) Sticking fuel float and needle in carb

7) Plugged or dirty jets or fuel passages in carb.

8) Bad fuel with water contamination

You said that the spark looks weak but the plug is always dry so spark is not likely to be the problem.

Clean everything again. Especially the carb. Complete strip and soak in solvent or ultrasonic cleaning. Blow through all the passages with compressed air - forward and reverse direction. Pass a thin copper wire through the jets. hold the jets up to light and you should be able to see light through the hole. Clean the starting circuit (choke). Check or replace all the rubber parts.

Refill with new, known good gas.

Let us know how you get on.

hi guys thanks for the help but Sherco still doesn't go

a friend dropped around and kicked it over as I held onto the spark plug and we couldn't get a spark

he thinks its the stator, trigger and or the coil??????

at this point I am ready to try anything.

if its the stator, where can I get a new updated one?

cheers Asimo

ps thanks to you guys I have learnt a lot about Sherco in a very short time. I spent a couple of hours building some easy sections with a front end loader. I hope to ride them one day. optimist

If you suspect the stator is the problem check the resistance values that splatshop list, it can be done in place with only the tank out & only takes a few minutes

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/stator-repair.html

If the values are close then the stator is unlikely to be the problem, I had a disappearing spark at 1 stage that turned out to be a cracked plug lead that I only found by chance when I saw an arc to the fan housing in the dark