Chairs In The Simpson Memorial Trophy Trial

laird387

hi deryk another great trial two days of sensible sidecar sections in the some of the best trials land around. the sat night at the rugby club was also quite testing but the pie and peas at the finish made it all worth the trip up from london,any chance of pics from the allen jeffries trial especially the moor end sections which i reckoned to be one of the best sidecar sections ever, flat out in third gear and hang on keep up the good work. will.

hi deryk another great trial two days of sensible sidecar sections in the some of the best trials land around. the sat night at the rugby club was also quite testing but the pie and peas at the finish made it all worth the trip up from london,any chance of pics from the allen jeffries trial especially the moor end sections which i reckoned to be one of the best sidecar sections ever, flat out in third gear and hang on keep up the good work. will.

Hi Will,

Funny you should mention the sidecars in the Allan Jefferies 'cos with Barry Robinson I am just preparing a feature on sidecars in the Allan Jefferies over the years for inclusion in ORRe shortly.

I know Moor End is good - but I always felt that Hollinsclough needed a canny mixture of delicate and speed........

Deryk

deryk i will look forward to seeing some of barry's shots , i think you can remember my style or riding,,,,delicate is not my throttle range ,normally flat out and a bit more if i can get it, i can still remember the day when bill wilkinson welded up my sprite s/car outfit as the tuned triumph motor proved a bit more powerful than the 250 villiers ,the local riders were astounded as bill did the job for nought, it was the talk of the dales for months.i just assumed i was accepted as an honary yorkshireman, cheers will

• 7 months later...

Will,

Who is this in the 1998 Downland, please? Frank Hinc?

Cheers

Deryk

I have had time to do a more thorough hunt through the archives and now I can confidently report that the two sidecar protagonists are DAVE and STEVE BURDGE........

post-19290-0-46283400-1422643926_thumb.jpg

post-19290-0-96615500-1422644200_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

deryk its not mike and frank but i do reconise the outfit the brain might take a while to work these days , but i know i have a photo of the pair somewhere,with the names on , mike always blamed me for keeping frank in the bar drinking with the serious s/car crews till the early hours ,before a championship round ,i always felt i rode better with a hangover ,but i dont think frank did,much to mikes concern , will

deryk a bit more info the unknown crew are the other lads who used to travel with mike&frank ,father and son the roberts and our mystery pair mike had a big big trailer that took all 3 outfits,to your events and the bonanza, when it was not being used to carry mobile toilets , ,mikes outfit was black and i believe had norton forks with a ariel leader front hub, ben and ? roberts outfit was red ,but its not them,will

• 2 months later...

will

I too reconise them but cant remember the names, definitely not mike and franc. I was probably there at that trial with molly as we did the downland several times.

hope your keeping well

paul game

Hi everyone,

Well, if you check my original posting you will find that I've been hunting in the archives and can report it is Dave and Steve Burdge.

Thanks one and all for your interest - now on to the next problem............

Deryk

hi paul yes i am still riding and building strange outfits , doing a few long distance events ,the sections suit this old worn out rider and nobody moans when i turn up and ride without a passenger just a rusty lump of iron strapped in the chair, if you are back in the uk let me know and deryk you have beat me to it i had either the burdge family or the harrisons in my notes to send you so keep up the good work , cheers will.

• 2 weeks later...

hi will

glad to see your still out there .I keep thinking of trying to find an outfit to play with here,either a long distance style or enduro one.Molly says I need a project

I wish I haddent sold the Norton wasp or the tribsa when we moved.

I may well be back this year sometime if so I will contact you and maybe we can meet up

cheers paul

• Like 1