Fan Running ???

shoney

Depends on ambient temp and how hard/long you are working the engine. I just asked my wife how much is the fan on when she rides her Beta 250 4T and she said "About 1/3 of time you are riding".

I will say though... she is a beginner and just rides it around with the odd steep hill thrown in. Comes on more when she is practicing fig 8's.

I would say its on longer than that when I ride it.

As a side note... my Cota 4T fan runs more than the Beta.

If the fan runs a bit and the engine is not over-heating its a good thing... as in, doing its job. So long as it does stop and then click in again?

Its off when first starting and then comes in as engine heats up???? Right?

Next time I ride it around yard I'll time the cycle... on-off-on. It is winter here at the moment though, cycle time would be longer.

Mags

Edited by mags
  • Like 1

Cheers mags

It's not running until I've ridden it for a little while and I'd say it's on about 1/2 of the time I'm riding but it was my first time on a trials bike n I was just pootling round. Lol

I've just give it a good clean and a lot if the Finns on the rad were bent over so I wonder if this is reducing the air flow through the radiator ??? . I've tinkered with them and straighened them as much as I can .Sound like it could of been a bit of that too maybe.

It's my second time out this Sunday practicing so ill see if it's any better.

It's a bit of a bugga to get started from cold and it's kicked back a foe times but I'm puttin that down to my inexperience n the bike lettin me know this ha ha ??

Cheers for ur help tho ..

We have 2014 model so being newish (about 40-50 hrs now) its starts like a charm. Cold, my wife uses the black cold start button.... hot usually nothing.... after an off and depending where she has left the fuel tap (A or C) uses the hot start button (red one).

We found much better cold starting when tap on "A" (always supply fuel) rather than "C" ( cuts supply when motor off). Do that if you are not using that procedure and see if cold start improves. I really start on A and move to C for general riding or comps.... as a safety net! Don't want heaps of fuel on a hot pipe! The most that can come out on C is a carby bowl full.... on A the tank will flow via raised floats til empty when bike on side.

Might want to check ya valve clearances (if you have not)? They should be fine, a check stops ya thinking about them for next 6 months!

Grab a portable tacho and check idle speed, if too far from spec it may interfere with starting?

Enjoy the bike! We do!!!

Mags

Edited by mags

• 2 weeks later...