2006 Sherco

jenkinsm

Guest coflet

I spoke to malcolm before the trial and was told that there is a new 2.9 due in about november /december .apparently all development for the 2 strokes was suspended due to the 4 stroke but now the FIM have decided to put the compulsory 4 stroke in 2007 on hold for an indeffinite period, but now the 2 strokes are back ;)

Its certainly late this year for sure as the Gassers are about the same time or later, and in previous years the 290 has been made before the factory shut down. With the fourstroke development and a few other things its no suprise if its later, but radically different then why has caby or grimbo not got it already? Shocks would be good a smaller motor to compete on size with the pro all sound good.

Yeh you would have thought they'd be ridng them unless they are really rushing the development through and they dont want to take the risk of cabo and Grimbo riding it.

Guess old Pons will be the man with the job of developing it, possible they want to keep it all hush for maximum wow factor ;)

I usually get new bikes january so hope theres a test bike available b4 then.

Superior to a gasser in what way? Because it wouldn't be hard to beat them on build quality but on rideability!! That would be an achievement!

The difference there was that they didn't have the 4 stroke made so they couldn't ride it. Normally, particularily in MX and to a less extent Trials any improvements are made as an ongoing thing on the current works bikes then make it to production machines the following year.

Well the Info I have gleaned is that mechanically the 125 bike has a redesigned/new engine, new suspension front and rear, New rear swing arm. I'm not sure about a new frame, but cosmetically the frame will be a dark colour. Should be worth a look. I don't know about the other 2t's as obviously the 125 is been developed to cope with a wider age(and weight) group than before.