Bsa Oil Filter

wallo

I used the one Dave Varley at D & C Classics sells, very compact and uses Enfield filters ( I bought a job lot off EBay). On the return line as the inlet is gravity and suction, but the return is pressurised

Are you trying to protect the engine from a dirty oil tank? Any debris or particles come out of the return first anyway, if you put the filter on the feed, the oil tank will be full of crap out of the engine. Surely you want the oil cleaned as soon as it leaves the sump ?

• Like 1

Ken, you must be bored out there in the alps ! Davetom is right,all most Brit dry sumped bikes have is a gauze strainer on the oil feed,the proper filter always goes on the return.I have a magnet stuck in the oil tank on my AJS aswell,where the oil dribbles from the return back down into the tank.Clean or change the filter on each oil change,plus I disconnect the return line and feed it into a waste can.After flushing the oil tank I fill with clean oil and run the engine until clean oil comes out of the return,this way you get a complete change - unlike just about any other type of 4 stroke motor - bike/car/truck etc,etc.

• Like 1