Swm Gear Lever

mick

Original levers do show up in Italian and French craig lists. Then older Husqvarna levers from the 70's do also fit they are a little bit longer and too like the original ones with a foldable top. I once bought one from ebay on the US, price was lower then shipping... but got too an original one so I did not needed the Husky lever which I then gave away.

To be sure to get the right one ask for diameter of the hole for the shaft and the amount of teeth before buying.

Thanks again for the replies, I managed to repair it, which will hopefully last a while, I'll keep an eye out for a replacement though.
For info this is it, I don't think its an original?

IMG 0627

Maybe a Can-Am one as the clutch cover that came with the engine in the bike was a Can-Am one.

• 3 weeks later...

Further to the gear lever question, I have a 1979 red and white Gunaco, and want to add some better, wider more comfortable footrests. Thats the easy bit, now the kickstart will not pass.

The easy option is to take out the spring fold up to start and then reposition. Is there another option to allow the footrests to stay in situ when starting. Would a later model kick start surfice, can you tempt the old one into a new position with some heat or is there a replacement other than this out there.

Thanks in advance.