New Clutch And Carb Photos

bultacorock

Did some online shopping BUK new style clutch plates, push rod and ball, mushroom push rod, pressure plate flat bearing. On stripping the old clutch down found that the push rod was jamming on some thing inside ? The new one has a smaller diameter and moved freely. I had 12 all steel plates, my new clutch has 8 plates 4 steel 4 fibber and lighter springs went together nicely. Did the kick start test no slip and about 50 % lighter on the leaver and no drag very happy. Did a 3 gear blast test and no slip, drive not long enough to open it up in 4th.

I also spent some money on a new Dellorto which has so many letters and numbers in its name ........

But when fitted Wow 3rd is now a white knuckle ride, its really smooth from nothing to wide open and

seems to like being opened up....

I think it would have been too much for me on my first trial its so smooth off the bottom now and picks up really quickly ( quicker than before with the old carb ) and charges i think i may be over biked. Having said that i did what every has told me to do, take away the tick over and try to get the feeling of the first 1/2 of the throttle hopefully i will get better at that. Anyway its smoother in 1st and 2nd which will make most thing easier for me. I will let you know how i get on at the next event

BR

will up load some photos later

Edited by bultacorock
  • Like 2

Did the Dellorto come ready jetted and if so from where?

Have you got the needle, slide and jet sizes, as it would be interesting to compare them to those in the Dellorto on my 340

• Like 1

My old clutch had 12 metal plates i did read in an old post that said 10 ? then another that said 12 any way the new one works better for me got my dellorto setup from Spain.

And got some great tips from Patrik on setup

Hi woody thanks for all your help have pm you

BR

• Like 2

Hi Trialsfun

I have the PHBH28BS and Wayne Weedon air intake step up ring so it fits to the air filler intake rubber. To me the new clutch plates work so much better, when you say slip do you mean when kicking it over ? I have no slip on starting the bike

i never had any slip with the old clutch it just would not stop draging me around and i was getting cramp in my hand 1/2 way in to the event. The new setup is so much lighter at the lever. I will post again after my next trial on how i get on with the new clutch and carb if you like ? im just a beginner but they feel much better to me the clutch just works you pull it in and its not a fight, but i think if you get some one who

is good at setting the standard clutch up that would work well to.

BR

Edited by bultacorock
  • Like 1

cracking job joe ive just put same plates in my 198A same hear no drag or slip on the kickstart. took me a while to set up but like you am happy with it. carb looks good nice to hear you got it sorted. bikes looking good and ready for Acton.

Edited by bondy
  • Like 1

bultacorock, on 18 Jul 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:bultacorock, on 18 Jul 2014 - 11:01 PM, said:

Hi Trialsfun

I have the PHBH28BS and Wayne Weedon air intake step up ring so it fits to the air filler intake rubber. To me the new clutch plates work so much better, when you say slip do you mean when kicking it over ? I have no slip on starting the bike

i never had any slip with the old clutch it just would not stop draging me around and i was getting cramp in my hand 1/2 way in to the event. The new setup is so much lighter at the lever. I will post again after my next trial on how i get on with the new clutch and carb if you like ? im just a beginner but they feel much better to me the clutch just works you pull it in and its not a fight, but i think if you get some one who

is good at setting the standard clutch up that would work well to.

BR

Yes please let us know how it works in competition.

Edited by trialsrfun
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last weekend i road my Bultaco in my second trial in over 30 years had a fun day out lots of nice new bikes.

New clutch works really well. new carb help the bike run slower and smoother. No 5s this time ( unless i missed a section out ) just 1s and 2s so im starting to get use to riding my bike, just waiting to see the results to see how i did.

BR

• Like 1

I have the results from my second trial i dropped 11 marks so very happy, in my first event i dropped 83 im doing the white route setup for new bikes, its a nice club with a great team of riders.

My new clutch works and feels just as light at the end of the event has it did at the start so for me its a big improvement. the new carb has made it a smoother running engine and easy-er to

control but it was never the bike its me that needs the rebuild,

i did manage to strip the the threads gear lever bolt ! before the start of the 4th lap which made it hard to find any of the gears. I had my hand on the gear lever moving it about it looked

like i was trying to wind it up ........ one observer was like what are you doing i was like winding it up....... I now have a longer bolt to try so i can fit a nut on the end.

I had been out practising on my mountain bike before my second event, no were to practise on my Bultaco near by im use to a 10kg mountain bike with Fox suspension and XT 20cm disc breaks

A nice trail bike setup stable and easy to ride.

Of all the bikes i had 30 years ago the one that stud ..... out the most by a long way was my Bultacos they were by far the most stable and most predictable bike i ever had it just gos were you point

it, so i have to make my mind up and commit to a line. I always loved the way the engine always has so much grunt.

Because of being use to Fox suspension i looked on here about what rear shocks to fit.

I picked Rockshocks because im 80kg and most lighter riders seem to like them they are made in the UK and easy to maintain. In the Forks i was trying to get magical springs and caps but the website

was down, i think you can now get them from BUK. Anyway i was down in Devon so i popped in the twinshock shop they have so many bikes. I was shopping .......and they had the HFS system and it looked

so well made. ( I paid just over 210 GBP which was much cheeper than the RS220 i had my eye on so i got off lightly really )

So i ordered a set setup for my 80kg and to fit my Bultaco they set them up for you it took just over 2 weeks for them to arrive with a A4 manuel with photos and how to fit instructions. I got the Expert

setup with the air dampener and the air shock pump, you really need that pump ..... its a bit fiddelly to say the lest to get the air in the dampener but it is low pressure, im use to Fox air shocks so i have

been using that kind of pump for over 10 years, I ordered my Rockshocks and they arrived in about a week. I have never been a real wizz at setting up suspension i do like it soft so i get most of the

movement riding the trails i like to ride i think when i no longer notice what its doing then its right for me and with the 80kg standard set up from Rockshocks and HFS did it for me ......

BR

Edited by bultacorock
  • Like 1