Trials Newbie From Bristol

lewisb

Hi there everyone I'm lewis 24 from bristol I'm looking into getting my first trials bike.

I have absolutely no experience what so ever so should be good fun learning, I'm hoping to build my kit up slowly so far I've got my bike rack ready for my tow bar I'm also looking at a jitsie radical helmet for £40 on eBay and also a xc- ting suit for £50 anybody own any of these are they any good?

I'm hoping someone local can recommend some practice areas I can learn (embarrass myself) and maybe teach me the basics to get me started.

Also will be on the look out for a cheap starter bike in a month or two hopfully if anyone is thinking of selling soon.

Welcome Lewis

Looks like your getting yourself a great sport and hobby!

As far as riding gear goes try to afford a new helmet as you may never be able to tell just what has happened to a second hand skid lid ! ! !

I have a couple of X-citing outfits, my first that's about five years old, still in perfectly useable condition but as I recently entered a two day trial and knowing that it would be wet I purchased from Matt Gardiner on eBay another X-cite suit and the quality is just as good.

Also get yourself a decent pair of trials boots, but try them on for comfort first coz the sizes never come up like shoe sizes....

Most of all get yourself to a few local trials, speak to riders - we're a friendly bunch ! Perhaps even observe a couple so that you can see how riders tackle a section and see the lines they take, it's all good experience, then look forward to getting your first bike.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by pro sport

Hi thanks for the reply/ advice the helmet I'm looking at is brand new seems a good price and I've heard jitsie is a good make? Also the outfits I'm looking at aw also from Matt gardener so looks like I shall have to order a set they seem very good value for money don't really want to spend loads to start with as I've got to expect a few slips and falls. I'll take your advice and try and tag along on a couple of local trials to have watch and learn thanks again.

• Like 1

I maybe able to help you Lewis.

I have the xcite kit off of matt gardiner and its sound especially for £55 inc p&p.

There's two practice grounds I use, a place near Pensford or the Zona1 trials ground, Nettleton Quarry, in the Gloucester region.

I'll be practicing one night this week at one of them so if you want to come along and have a look message me on here and I'll send you my number.

• 3 years later...