Yorkshire Classic Trials

laird387

Hi,

I read the report in 'tc' of the latest West Riding trial run by one of my old clubs, Yorkshire Classic, and that really dredged up many memories for me. I was happy to see that one old friend, Graham Howes from Didcot in Berkshire was there again, I know Graham made so many friends during his visits to Yorkshire trials in the 1980's that taking his BSA BB32a back is virtually an annual pilgrimage.

I am including an image of a local rider on his BSA C15T that Mary took in the 1995 event of the first section, the climbing grassy gully starting in the car park of the Flappitt Inn, where the club was founded one well-oiled night in 1982. Here's hoping that dab we see, just before the Begins card, was the only one he dropped at the section!

Sadly I have no images of this year's event, because Barry Robinson and Jack Knoops were both busy elsewhere on the day, so if anyone has any nice sharp images of any recent Yorks Classic events they would be willing to share, please drop me an email to offroarchive@gmail.com and join in the fun!

Meantime, enjoy.

post-19290-0-24464900-1406702521_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 3

certainly the west riding trial but the section is the gully behind the 'waggon and horses' on the road out of oxenhope toward hebden bridge. the only times i rode this section in the west riding ( late 90's) it had to be ridden 'unseen'. usually on the return from the long moorland ride out toward Peckett Well

the waggon and horses like so many public houses has probably had its last pint pulled..