Fuel Pump Removal

tom675

I have a faulty fuel pump on my ossa and need to remove and install new part.

I believe this means taking the engine out, is it at all possible to change pump without taking engine out?

Also I read somewhere that a special tool is required to remove the pump, if so where are these available from?

Does anyone know if the ossa fuel pumps are used in any other make bikes

You do need to take the motor out. Bit of a pain but do-able .... Take the 8 bolts out of the pump, Pull both sides out together and you will see the pipes that join them. The only special tool you need can be made from a 'sharpy' pen lid. It is cut down and used to separate the pipes.

When installing the new pump the pipes just push fit together

• 1 month later...

Ye as Milly says, if you take the actual pump out of the assembly it is just a cheap made in China part which are available on eBay for next to nothing. The whole assembly is a KTM part used in a few of there bikes. Problem I had was trying to separate the fuel lines from the pump as they seem to be heat shrunk plastic onto the pump. I kept the old pump assembly though and intend at some point to try make a good one out of it. I fitted a complete kit as it comes with the regulator aswell, didn't fancy stripping and rebuilding the bike twice to find out I'd incorrectly presumed it was just the pump at fault

• 4 months later...

I don't have any issue at all with My fuel pump, but just thinking ahead to eventually needing one.

So I can get a KTM pump?

Anyone know which model?

Since it is a fair amount of work to remove, I wouldn't mind sourcing one now to have on hand.

Tom, have you don't anything toward working on your old pump?

Mark

Never got round to repairing old pump,sold bike a while ago, now on a 4rt.

The actual pump once removed from plastic housing is just a cheap made in china part, available on ebay for about £30. I couldn't seperate the fuel pipe from the pump though, but if you could find a way or made new fuel lines it could be a cheap repair, i just needed bike running again so fit a full kit for piece of mind

If you still have it I'd be very interested in it-

Be good to make up a full 'kit' to replace for if mine goes.

Never got round to repairing old pump,sold bike a while ago, now on a 4rt.

The actual pump once removed from plastic housing is just a cheap made in china part, available on ebay for about £30. I couldn't seperate the fuel pipe from the pump though, but if you could find a way or made new fuel lines it could be a cheap repair, i just needed bike running again so fit a full kit for piece of mind