2012 Scorpa Sr280 Air Filter Assembly

scottie_b205

I just picked up a '12 SR280. I promptly took the air filter out for cleaning and ran into a few problems down stream. I am now assembling the airbox and filter but don't know the proper alignment of the filter holding insert or clip position.

Should the insert have the bigger clip lip on the front side or the back? How the heck does the large holding clip mount back in? I remember the open end going into the small recesses on the sides of the airbox but nothing seems to come close which ever way I try. I tried to look up the parts manual on the scorpa fr. website but they changed everything to the 2015 model launch.

Thanks, Scott

Hi Scottie,the taller bit on the square insert goes to the front.

Put he foam filter on it and fit it as one,think the foam points left as it goes in the box..

Make sure the assembly pushed home tight in the mouth of the airbox.

The metal clips are a bit stiff,I fit rear one first ,they both go from the centre out up the angled turrets,not over the lip.

Wee bit fiddly..

Futher you'll find the box needs a bit extra foam round the mouth and tape round the back of the airbox to help keeo out water.

All the best..

Thanks tips breagh, I finally figured it out yesterday morning. I finally tried placing the closed square end of the clip under the bolt on subframe. I placed the plastic filter insert so the taller clip lip was in the front after looking at the sy parts diagram.