Any Clubs Within An Hour Or So Of The Midlands Do Oset Trials For 4 Year Old?

aidan166

Hi guys, just wondering if any clubs in or around the midlands do a class for our 4 year old on his oset 12.5? We want him to have a go but all the official oset club events seem to be miles away like Cornwall, Kent and Yorkshire?

We were going to go and watch one this weekend to get a feel for what goes on as we know nothing about trials but the closest one we can find is 2 hours away.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Aidan

Not local but depending on where you are in the midlands some of the llangollen club events may be within easy reach.

They really are well set up for the Osets with a good spread of routes for abilities and age.

http://www.lldmcc.co.uk/Frameset1.htm

Loads of Photos on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/LlangollenDistrictMotorcycleClub?fref=ts

Somerton mcc run a conducted beginner trial separate from the main trial at every event , they also run training days with qualified ACU. Trainers for £25 per rider limited numbers our next event is at Gurney Slade not far from Bristol on the 10 th August 11am start. The website is somertonmc&lcc.co.uk May be a bit to far for you depend where you are in the Midlands

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. We were going to go to the Mouldsworth sand quarry event but it turned out to be 2 hours away. Would be happy to travel into Wales as we aren't far from the border really we are in Worcester so Bristol isn't too far either.

Will definitely come and take a look on the 10th of August. Do the beginner routes allow osets? And would he be competing in a class with other kids around his age (he is 4 in September) or would it just be a case of he can come there and have a ride?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi Aidan. my lad does the conducted route at earl shilton. There are more osets each time we go. He's moved to petrol now but the kids range from around 4 years to 11. I would definitely recommend going, take your bike. There will only be kids in the conducted and its all done in the same area. Parents can run alongside directing and picking them up! Its well organised and very relaxed. It starts at 10.30, go earlier to get some practice. Unfortunately we wont be making the 10th. We're on holiday and they're not keen on coming back early just so i can ride. If you need to know anything let me know and i'll try to help best i can.

Hope to see you there sometime Tom