Cub Swinging Arm Question

old bones

I have two wide swinging arms for my cub and have been riding with the one that is an inch (25mm) longer than the standard, If I change to the shorter standard length how would that effect the steering, i.e. would I be able to turn tighter with the standard one.

I hope someone can advise as it would save me a bit of work changing only to find its worse?

Any thoughts would be great.

well a shorter wheelbase will mean a tighter turning circle. however the placement of the lower shock mount and length of the shocks will impact the result. the longer swing arm should improve grip and the longer wheelbase should improve stability at speed. you pays your money ...

Thanks for the replies, it seems that there would not be any great benefit in changing because of the other variables so I think I will wait and maybe swap them over later in the year when I have more time to try them out.

I can see now that the shock positions would be different as the swing arm is lengthened between the pivot and the lower mountings thus slightly laying down the shocks and making the rear of the cub a bit lower than if using the standard length one, albeit only slightly.

I think I was hoping that this would transform the handling, but as totalshell has said "you pays your money"

I recently changed the tyres from Pirelli's to IRC's and found such a difference with so much more grip that I started looking to make other improvements so perhaps the swing arm change is for another day. Many thanks again for your advice.