Evo Gearbox

heffergm

The lever adjustment is usually about 75% of the problems with new or newer trials riders as every one wants to get it just right for themselves. Hopefully you can meet up with Dan to get it working for you. When the bikes went to hydraulic clutches it was a mess. And again when the Gas Gas Pro came out as it was the biggest POS ever. Lucky for you the newer Beta has the most adjustment possibilities!

One of the problems with the Beta clutches is the variability bike to bike. I've had bikes that were OK from the start and bikes that were just awful. My buddy's 2014 factory is really good. My 2013 was meh before the fix. My 2008 was horrible before the fix. I'm gonna take a look at heffergm's plates. He ordered some Sureflex to try and I'll mod his stock plates while he checks out the sureflex but I remember somebody else on the mod thread mentioning the Sureflex plates they got looking as unfinished as the Adige Beta plates so it'll be interesting to see the difference. Also I think the Sureflex plates are all the same thickness so the clutchpack will be thinner like the older bikes. Similar to what I did on my 2013.

So I did the clutch fix this weekend. Apparently I was slightly blind when I had the plates out a while back, because they were definitely awash with glue. It's definitely a lot better. I can't test is out fully for a bit (broke a brake line last week) but when I can I'll give it a good run and see how it fares when it's nice and hot.

When the Sureflex shows up I may experiment a bit... will see how good the finish work on them is and whether I need to do all the same work to them or not.