The Scott Trial

laird387

Hi,

I'm attaching a photograph, taken by Barry Robinson at the 1983 Scott Trial, showing Steve Robson in action.

If YOU are interested in the Scott Trial and would like to know more of the history of the event and see many more photographs taken over the years, many never published before, then please note that the book entitled 'The Scott Trial' that I published in 1994, is currently being revised and brought completely up to date in our new digital magazine, 'ORRe', which is available exclusively from this 'tc' website.

Issue 4 of the new magazine will be available to subscribers within the next few days and includes a further instalment of the 'Scott' story, with photographs of the event taken between 1930 - when Jack Williams set fastest time - to 2013. The new electronic magazine can be read on most electronic devices, especially tablets and pcs - but you have to subscribe yourself (in worst case that's just twelve pounds a year) and for that you'll get at least twenty issues. Issue 4 is 50 pages and includes no less than 82 photographs because ALL the pages are information, there is no wasted space on advertising.

Also please note there are no watermarks on the photographs in the magazine.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-35623100-1407937263_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Another one of the 20+ historical images of Scott trial action that will be included in Issue5 of ORRe.

It is a Barry Robinson photograph of A G Brown riding in the 1989 event,

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-98109900-1408430542_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

More identification help needed, please.

We know Barry Robinson took this photograph at the 1978 Scott, but we only have the top sheet of the 1978 results - and he didn't feature on that page...........

Does anyone recognise him?

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-87809900-1408440329_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Same story as above! More identification help needed, please.

We know Barry Robinson took this photograph at the 1978 Scott, but we only have the top sheet of the 1978 results - and he didn't feature on that page...........

Does anyone recognise him?

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-35543500-1408440680_thumb.jpg

Hi perce,

Right again - sorry for the 'typo' - all my finger fault this time! It is A G Brown and he's in the 1989 event.

I agree no 3 looks like Norman - has anyone got results to verify.

I've corrected the 1989.

Cheers

Edited by laird387

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Now here is a real novelty. In 1929 a very rare and interesting prototype machine appeared in the Scott trial, ridden by an employee of the Saltaire factory, only 300 of the machines were ever produced and, until recently, we have never been able to trace any remaining examples.

But now we have not only found an example, very much still in full working state, but our ace photographer, Barry Robinson, has taken a journey deep into the country down long country lanes with his favourite Nikon and taken photographs of the machine from every angle, images that we shall be using exclusively in ORRe issue 6 which will be with subscribers within the next two weeks. We shall, of course, include full details of the single cylinder 300 cc twostroke as well as include historic pictures of it in action in the Scott trial.

Enjoy.

Deryk Wylde

post-19290-0-84399700-1409466983_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I'm attaching a photograph, taken by Barry Robinson at the 2014 Scott Trial, showing Phil Alderson in action.

If YOU are interested in the Scott Trial and would like to know more of the history of the event and see many more photographs taken over the years, many never published before, then please note that the book entitled 'The Scott Trial' that I published in 1994, is currently being revised and brought completely up to date, yes that means including the 2014 event, in our digital magazine, 'ORRe', which is available exclusively from this 'tc' website.

Issue 17 of the digital magazine will be available to subscribers within the next few weeks and includes a further instalment of the 'Scott' story, with photographs of the event taken right up to the 2014 celebration of the First Hundred Years of this unique event. The new electronic magazine can be read on most electronic devices, especially tablets and pcs - but you have to subscribe yourself (in worst case that's just twelve pounds a year) and for that you'll get at least twenty issues. Issue 15 was 50+ pages and includes no less than 68 photographs, many full page size, and because ALL the pages are information, there is no wasted space on advertising.

Also please note there are no watermarks on the photographs in the magazine. Don't forget, as soon as you pay your subscription you get full access to ALL the back issues PLUS the other twenty issues to come in the next twelve months, that's over 800 pages so far and probably another 1000 for your subscription - now I call that VALUE for money.............

Link: http://www.trialscentral.com/off-road-revue-magazine-index

Enjoy,

Deryk Wylde

AND remember, if there is an event, machine or person you would like to see in the magazine - email offroarchive@gmail.com and if you are a subscriber we will hunt through the 30,000+ omages for you.......

post-19290-0-67900500-1423910522_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

• 7 months later...

Hi,

One of the successful riders in the 2015 Scott Trial will be awarded the 'Hard Luck Trophy' - but to find out just what that magnificent piece of silverware is, I'm afraid you will have to subscribe to our digital magazine - ORRe - because that is just one of the many facts about our sport that is being published for the first time in this reference work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Having given the Scott Trial totally free and complimentary coverage for many years, I received my copy of this year's programme, where, to my utter astonishment and disbelief I read on page 18, that the organisers are claiming copyright for the list of riders and their racing numbers, with the added comment that anyone using the list except for the sole purpose of private enjoyment, will be prosecuted.

So that means that if I want to identify the riders in any photographs to be published either in my magazine or in a subsequent book, by looking at their numbers and then checking in the programme, I will be contravening their copyright.

Sadly the answer is straightforward, I respect copyright, so I can give no further free publicity for the event using identified photographs in any of my publications.  The thirty pages in the next magazine reserved for the fully illustrated 2015 Scott photoreport will be taken up with different features.

Daft, I calls it................

Edited by laird387