Trials Returns To Manitoba, Aug 17, 2014

This Sunday, August 17th, the Saskatchewan Flatland Trials Association will be crossing the border into Manitoba, to bring Trials back, to a once great Trials community in Canada.

In 1992 one of Canada's last FIM, World Championship Trials was held in the province of Manitoba. It was hosted by the Take 5, Trials Club, an enthusiastic group of riders and organizers. Shortly after hosting there biggest event ever, the club would be exhausted and disappear from the Canadian landscape.

In 2009, the CMA, would recognize the request of a small core group of Trials riders in the neighboring province of Saskatchewan, Canada. This was a milestone move, as Trials events had never been sanctioned, or organized in this province. We soon found a solid following of riders from this province and riders from neighboring Aberta and Manitoba.

As part of our expanded 2014 schedule, we took up the challenge of hosting a CMA, sanctioned trials, back in Manitoba. This is tremendously exciting to be a part of reintroducing Trials to a province with such a rich history in our sport.

We look forward to a strong contingent from Saskatchewan and am hoping to welcome some of the original Take5 Trials riders back to the sport they originally built, more than 30 years ago.

Date: Sunday, August 17th

Start Time: 11:00 am - Youth

12:00 pm - Full Event

All CMA classes available.

We used to ride at Rennie, Lac Du Bonny, or Stoney Plain?

Here is a picture of some of the old Take 5 club members.

I am on the front row second from the left (with grey jacket on).

There are some great places to ride there on the Manitoba Ontario Whiteshell border.

They should have named the club “The TY Club” as 99% of the bikes where TY’s.

BillyT

post-260-0-13270300-1407989886_thumb.jpg

Edited by billyt

That a canna be yoo Billy! full heed of hair, 70's stash, etc. Great news Derek! I loved riding at Rennie and Lac du Bonnet. I won my first National title there........hmmmm, exactly 30yrs ago! Correction, Billy, I guess we change a bit over 30yrs mate! :rotfl: