What Bultaco

johnmartin247

Ive got a rough 198B (the very last type the factory made) 250cc you could look at if you wish (message me). Theyre pretty sought after (people are converting them to 280ccs) and competitive. Very easy to get parts (from In-Motion and ebay).

The very early Bultos are quite expensive and some parts are difficult to get (they do look lovely though).

Most of the middle and late models are well supported with parts.

• Like 2

Here's a tip: I upgraded to an electronic ignition but when I came to start the bike... Nothing! Tried over and over again, nothing.
Complained to the shop where I got the ignition from, their answer: We've sold hundreds with no problem whatsoever... Damn.
Then, after a long while, it came to me, the clutch slipped ever so slightly, you'd barely notice it, but it made the engine rotate to slow when kick starting it, there wasn't enough spark to make the engine start.
Tightened up the clutch springs with small shims ( mine has the cup and pin, not the adjustable nuts) and hey presto, life came back in the old Spaniard

Oh well, no harm no foul :stoned: