Need To Know What Size Socket I Need - Gg Pro R 14

shercoben12

My mate ( rides elite and is a good mechanic) has told me ( he knows pretty much every little thing about gassers) if the headstock bolt is slightly loose even the slightest bit The forks will be notchy... It's not loose enough to turn with fingers just ever so slightly loose. The bearings are fine and recent. Any one know the size of the nut? Need to know !

My mate ( rides elite and is a good mechanic) has told me ( he knows pretty much every little thing about gassers) if the headstock bolt is slightly loose even the slightest bit The forks will be notchy... It's not loose enough to turn with fingers just ever so slightly loose. The bearings are fine and recent. Any one know the size of the nut? Need to know !

So does he know that you should take it apart and grease it while new?

• Like 1

hi, need to know what size socket i need for the big nut ontop of the top fork clap for the headstock spindle thing... its loose and is making a horrible crunching noise. im going to buy a socket tomorrow so need an answer soon! :) cheers

If it's making a horrible crunching noise AND the forks are notchy when you turn the handle bars, there's a good chance the bearings are worn or got dirt in them.

Or the bearings were adjusted to tight when they were installed and the bearing rollers have made small indentations in the baring race surface, resulting in a notchy feeling when turning the handle bars.

If the bearings would have been slightly to loose as your good mechanic says, you won't feel much when turning the handle bars, only a light tick when rocking the bike forward and back while applying the front brake.

• Like 1

its fine when the handle bars are turned its just when pushing forward, tightened it this morning and its all good. haha funny one tshock 250 - dont you think i would of done that and not had to ask a question on here !! ... i didnt have the bike on me. it was at a friends so i couldnt of measured it could i .