2013 Beta 80 Tickover

jordi555

My boys 2013 80 is great apart from the tick-over, it seems to need increasing as it gets hotter the longer he rides it.

At the weekend in the space of a 2 hour practise I had to adjust it 4 times.

Anyone have an idea what's going on with it ??

My beta 250,2010 has been the same.remove the petrol tap,clean the filter on the tap and clean the carb.my bike has never been better.also check the play in the throttle cable.like a said my bike is a 250 and these issues might be differance on the beta 80,got to be worth a try....

My beta 250,2010 has been the same.remove the petrol tap,clean the filter on the tap and clean the carb.my bike has never been better.also check the play in the throttle cable.like a said my bike is a 250 and these issues might be differance on the beta 80,got to be worth a try....

I'll try the tap clean as I've pretty much done everything else, cleaned carb, cleaned air filter and now only lightly oil it, and fitted a new iridium plug

On the basis that the carb is the same as a 2010 EVO 80, then yep the best thing is to strip and clean, make sure the float level is right and that tends to do the trick. Factory float level seems to leave the bike short of juice at times. 19mm float gap seems to be general idea but someone with more experience than me could confirm.