2015 Montesa 4Rt 260 With A Seat?

johnnyboxer

The last pic looks like an exhibit in a museum in 2200 AD!!!

This a MONTESA trials bike of 2015! It ruled the trials world of the day with a legend called Bou. He won 20 World Championships before taking off his boots for good.

It ran on a form of fossil fuel called petrol.

(prehistoricWink)

Mags

• Like 1

I believe it is an accessory to buy separately, like any other long ride seat.

Doesn't look like it has a built in fuel tank, but handy for your butties!

It comes with the bike. No need to buy it seperately. Not sure if it's the best place to store your butties, they may get jostled.

Edited by martin belair

Waste of money as I'm sure it will put the price up?

Quite possibly for most, however

Could be handy for a bit of marshalling/observing though to whip on and off

I heard about it on FB from Mickey Oates page, so pretty official as they're a dealer

Should be a few popping up on eBay though, hope they fit the earlier 4RT's

Brilliant and long over due. Opens up a whole new market. Buyers who want a great singletrack bike but were put off by the lack of a seat..... or Off Road riders want to Crosstrain on a Trials bike but the thought of standing all day does not appeal. Think about it. To them the bike is missing a major component.

All trials bikes should be sold with one. Don't think it has affected the price. I am sure you will see them at the SSDT.

• Like 2

Brilliant and long over due. Opens up a whole new market. Buyers who want a great singletrack bike but were put off by the lack of a seat..... or Off Road riders want to Crosstrain on a Trials bike but the thought of standing all day does not appeal. Think about it. To them the bike is missing a major component.

All trials bikes should be sold with one. Don't think it has affected the price. I am sure you will see them at the SSDT.

It was first out four or five years ago as an aftermarket item I doubt it increased sales at all.

AC, the seat/tank made in Italy sold for $500 usd and some but not many were sold here, it was too much $$$.

BUT we had a seat made by a pit bike supplier and we were able to retail it for $99. We sold all we could get and I know it helped many a bike sale because I sold them.

Edited by martin belair

Here you can see my 4RT with the previous version of the seat (an expensive original montesa part), it came with the bike when I bought it second hand.

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/garage/vehicle/792-montesa-cota-4rt/?tab=images

It makes it a bit like the GasGas Randonee or Ossa Explorer.

Very handy if you're a bit older and like to take longer trips in the mountains. It holds about 2 liters of fuel.

I think (haven't tried it yet as I haven't got my new 2015 yet) both versions will fit all 4rt's as they both seem to use the rear mudguard bolts for fastening it to the bike.

Here you can see my 4RT with the previous version of the seat (an expensive original montesa part), it came with the bike when I bought it second hand.

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/garage/vehicle/792-montesa-cota-4rt/?tab=images

It makes it a bit like the GasGas Randonee or Ossa Explorer.

Very handy if you're a bit older and like to take longer trips in the mountains. It holds about 2 liters of fuel.

I think (haven't tried it yet as I haven't got my new 2015 yet) both versions will fit all 4rt's as they both seem to use the rear mudguard bolts for fastening it to the bike.

Thanks for that

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Had a go yesterday on both the Repsol and the standard; can't say i noticed the presence of the seat when I was riding it. But I don't ride up ten foot rock steps.

And I'm sure the storage would be a boon at the Scottish, not to mention the beneficial effect of the seat on the knees between sections on the road..

Edited by 2stroke4stroke