Milky Oil

greg52

Guys-my 2007 SY250 had an oil change today and oil looks a bit milky coloured......any ideas where this could be coming from.....water in rad seems to be at the same level but I'm not sure what it takes to contaminate the oil??.......PS just started using this forum and it's brilliant info has been used already to sort my carb and clutch ( usual issues of a good clean and the right oil!) Greg

If your sure that the rads haven't lost any fluid, check your crank case breathers and see how low they hang.

If they hang low, and you've been through deep'ish water then it may have sucked some up into the box.

It's not uncommon. You can to stop it again, route your breathers through the air box, by drilling a small hole and feeding the pipes in, then masticking them in.

Have a look at the pipes and see if they're wet/dirty.

Good luck.

if it's a light grey colour, my sherco as always been that colour, i looked at a few threads on this site and it seemed quite normal so i didn't worry or try to find a problem, it's just like that, some people commented about water getting in from some where but it did seem to be a more common thing than you would think.

Ill double check the rad fluid-tempted to replace the oil seal on the water pump as it looks a simple job and at the same time drill and tap oil level bolt which previous owner seems to have stooped the thread on (outer covers are made of Stilton I think!) .......thanks for all comments to date