350T Ignition Problem

fantic 300 pro

If you have installed new points and condenser you will have to retime the ignition. Even changing the points gap will change the timing. So reset the points to 15 thou or .40mm and then time the ignition to 2.6 mm BTDC ( this is the factory recommendation) I like them at 2.9 mm BTDC which gives them a little bit more zing.

• Like 2

False alarm on this one.... After spending three prior attempts to get it running I tried again today and it started first kick LOL! Now all I need to do is figure the jetting out as it unresponsive and has very little power. If you fellas have any thoughts/ideas on a fix I would be very greatful.

Thanks to all of you for your help and advice.

My bike has a Dellorto PHBH 28 BS mounted to it. It is in very good/clean condition. I have stripped and cleaned it on three separate occasions.

- main: 110 (I think my main is a 115 though this is hard to tell as the marking is worn)

- needle: X2, second notch from top (correct needle)

- needle jet: AV 264 (needle jet is a AV 264 - I believe the 28MM carb should have a AV 266 needle jet)

- idle jet: 55 (I think my idle jet is a 58 but it's hared to be sure as the marking is worn)

- idle screw: depending your location around 1,75 turns (correct)

Bike has a 60 slide fitted

Brand new 200 needle valve and seat fitted as the old seat was badly worn

• 2 weeks later...

Only my thoughts; Spark on the outside can be misleading compared to firing under compression.

in my experience with points ignition and what you describe, try adding an automotive condenser

under the tank, quick & cheap try.

I take it was running after the new points & condenser ?

Larry